Subwoofers... HOW
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Subwoofers... HOW

im going to get a pair of qsc k12 to hook up to my kontrol s4 what equipment do i need to hook up a sub to that system.. Thanks in advance

Tech Mentor

do i need a crossover??? what is the best one??

Tech Mentor

PLEASE HELP
    thanks have been researching but need help on knowing how to do it with what my set up will be

Hi man, firstly; the speakers your trying to hook up are not subwoofers, theyre full range speakers.

Now youve figured that out all you need to do is take the main left and right out and put the left one in the left speaker and the right one in the right speaker.

Plug them into the wall and you should be good to go.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

sorry man i must have not phrased my q right or u didnt get it.. i am going to get to ev 15 inch powered speakers plus and ev sub how do i hook this all up to my kontrol s4 better? thanks ) really apreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by djgringo View Post
    sorry man i must have not phrased my q right or u didnt get it.. i am going to get to ev 15 inch powered speakers plus and ev sub how do i hook this all up to my kontrol s4 better? thanks ) really apreciate it
    S4 balanced outs -->xlr or stereo quarter inch --> to eq --> limiter ---> crossover and then the proper outputs on your crossover to your speakers and subs.

That is the proper way to do it anyhow.
    Last edited by Frank112916; 09-01-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Is your sub powered too?

If not you need to drive it with an amp. If it is, then simply go from the 'thru' on the EV tops to the input on the sub.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Is your sub powered too?

If not you need to drive it with an amp. If it is, then simply go from the 'thru' on the EV tops to the input on the sub.
    :eek: unless his subwoofer has a built in adjustable crossover this is a bad recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    :eek: unless his subwoofer has a built in adjustable crossover this is a bad recommendation.
    dont all active subs have a built in crossover? If not, it would destroy itself. Im sure the company who makes self destructing subs has stayed in business for ages.

would there be any point in having an active sub if it didnt have an inbuilt crossover?

Are you sure you arent confusing a separates system with an active system?
    Last edited by Flash101uk; 09-01-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    dont all active subs have a built in crossover? If not, it would destroy itself. Im sure the company who makes self destructing subs has stayed in business for ages.

would there be any point in having an active sub if it didnt have an inbuilt crossover?

Are you sure you arent confusing a separates system with an active system?
    every subwoofer has a crossover in it. Every cabinet has a crossover in it. Whether or not the crossover is adjustable/active is a different story. And whether or not I'd recommend you use the subwoofers crossover instead of an external active crossover is separate from either of these facts.

An external crossover ensures the cleanest and most efficient signal is getting to the right drivers. Why would I spend thousands of dollars on a system for it to sound good and cheap out on a crossover that costs 100-200 dollars and will give me optimal sound from my cabs?

Edit: This also depends on what system you buy.

QSC's HPR system seems to be designed with full DSP. If the system you are buying has full DSP than no you don't need any other equipment.
    Last edited by Frank112916; 09-01-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast