Akai apc 40 or Novation Launchpad + (what)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Akai apc 40 or Novation Launchpad + (what)?

Should i buy Akai apc 40 or Novation Launchpad + (what)? my plan is make music whit Ableton and Mix music whit ableton! I am looking for right controller for that!! And i have these two in my mind Akai apc 40 or Novation lauch pad + (what)? or something else?

ya

Well the launchpad has no faders or knobs, so the APC's probably the best all in one controller for ableton.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Well the launchpad has no faders or knobs, so the APC's probably the best all in one controller for ableton.
    You are right!! I am more into Akai apc

you could add a nanoKontrol to the launchpad...those have faders and knobs and are cheap!
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

APC does stand for "Ableton Performance Controller".

With that said, I think you should get the APC40 for live performances. In home/the studio, it would be pretty handy as well. If you do want to add more controllers, it would depend on what you want more of. Behringer's BCF/BCR2000 are both quality controllers from what I hear and offer plenty more faders/knobs. As for sound cards, you really only need an Audio2DJ from Native Instruments. I think they're in the DJTT store if you'd like to support them. Excessive I/Os can get confusing. :/
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Personally I love the APC40 + Ableton, really is a dream combo and will do pretty much everything you need except for velocity.

If your making music rather than just performing get something like an Novatikon Nocturn 25 for synths 'n pads.

I'd consider a Soundcard that has some inputs in case you want to record samples n' stuff (M-audio Fastrack pro is decent and pretty cheap).

Of course you'll get away perfectly fine with the APC40 + A2DJ to start with

launchpad + X Session Pro

but apcs rule
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

+1 for the launchpad+nanokontrol, but the apc40 would do the same job as both of those really. why not just get the apc40 and then see what else u need after...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast