New DJTT Site Design: Discussion - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    It's ok to havea few ads but DON'T take the attention away from your own.
    I think this is really what bothered me in the first place. Couldn't put my finger on it though - thanks for that, it's exactly what was/is wrong with it. (regardless of where the ads are - the ones in the forum for the S4 and pre order S2 etc are fine, even if they link out, because they're eans products lol)

As long as it all feels consistent, then I will be good with it. But even if its a new look, it has to be the same old DJTT. We don't want the personality of the site to change, right?
    If you feel something is limiting your creativity, the real problem is that you feel that your creativity can be limited.

YouTube
    SoundCloud

I like it
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post

Not bad.

Maybe keep "Home" instead of "Blog" (like it is in the forum header now)? For me, DJTT is more than a blog, because the articles aren't just personal opinions.

scamo

/edit - and maybe a mod could soften the title of this thread? Like "Discussion about the new web site design?"
    Last edited by scamo; 09-04-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

on it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Thank you, scamo and jester - I was feeling kinda down on myself every time I saw this thread because of the title - didn't think to ask a mod to change it :-/

And I agree - maybe no "home" or "blog" link at all - maybe the DJTT logo takes you to the home page....
    If you feel something is limiting your creativity, the real problem is that you feel that your creativity can be limited.

YouTube
    SoundCloud

i think it still blows...why do we have to censor what people write
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Tech Guru

i just realized a dude with 136 posts started this thread.

shut up noob

the site looks a lot better than it did.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Hey man, I cant view it properly on my laptop, the top menu items are all scrunched up, Forum for example is Fm etc. Old site worked perfectly, this new one doesnt. Had the same problem with the old Beatport site. I hope this doesnt mean some website guru has decided that a flash website is the go, please tell me this isnt a flash based site?
    Cheers, Maxy.
    Maxiboy

Quote Originally Posted by nuke5 View Post
    i think it still blows...why do we have to censor what people write
    I don't think it is sensorship. I personally just want to be more constructive. Saying you don't like it or "it blows" is one thing and surely you can do that. Saying why you don't like it or even better, expressing how you feel it could be better is something completely different and more like what I feel DJTT is looking for. Ean and his team would simply be more likely to stick their nose in here and read this thread, when it is titled "nicer" and not just criticizing with "it blows". That is why I asked for the thread title to be "improved". The discussion here is also fairly constructive and I hope it will stay that way.

BTW, thanks Jester.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

I don't know, I think it looks unfinished somehow.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast