New DJTT Site Design: Discussion
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default New DJTT Site Design: Discussion

New DJTT home page blows! .. At least the forums look the same!!!
    Last edited by Jester; 09-04-2011 at 02:36 AM.

I think it looks fine, although I will say that it is cluttered and it's hard to find your way around it now. I think it's fine, but it does need some TLC (Tender Loving Compression).
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Mentor

with chrome on osx 10.6.8 I have broken images and login requests for port 80 haha.

When that gets fixed (and the ads get relevant!!!) then I think I'll have no qualms.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

They're asking for criticism the blog posts. Although it blows isn't necessarily constructive criticism. I'm sure if you can give some specifics they would appreciate it.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/09/01/new-site-design/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

hahaha I put some thoughtful feedback there, I figured "it blows" belongs here in the Off Topic (see: nonsense) forum

Just wondered if anyone shared that view :P

like the look and layout its nice but the fact that the main banner is tiny and theres a MASSIVE ad is kinda a bummer! i know ad's = money and you guys have to pay for site server etc but hmmm ads
    -= DejaVoo =-

Numark TTX USB x2 / Numark m3 / Traktor S4 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Macbook

i like it but do ads be targeted by google to be about what i look up?

i would love to come to djTT and see about singles in my area.
    if you clear a dance floor in 30 seconds flat; u dont need them! but they need muzic!

most importantly GET ALL THE BITCHES!
    -Yours truly, The Duck. We all love to f**k a Duck.

I think it looks 100% better. Professional, bright and more appealing. If you are having problems with your browser that's your problem not DJTT's.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    If you are having problems with your browser that's your problem not DJTT's.
    Ok, woah, dude, I was just whining, not having any real complaint. But to this, I really feel I need to say that if my browser and OS don't render a page properly (common browser on a common OS) then it IS DJTT'S PROBLEM.

They are the ones who need to fix it, not me. As for professional, how professional is it if it doesn't look right on my screen? I am the target audience, am I not? I am the one they are hoping will click the ads, and to see the ads, they have to put good content for me to read. If the site is not readable for me, then I don't read it, I don't click the links, and no $$ comes in from my visiting, so I'm using bandwidth and they're not capitalizing on it. Of course this is the case for most people anyway, but assuming they have a PPC system going on for their ads, then I'd click them just to help out, but until it's fixed, I won't be reading any articles, because they don't show up right.

As for product reviews, if the images don't load properly, then this is a bigger problem.

fwiw, I'm sure this is a temporary thing, as I'm sure I'mnot the only one that saw this problem, and it's probably even fixed already, so it's not a real issue, but you, sir, are mistaken in thinking that it's my problem to deal with when a professional site fails on my machine.

/tirade

sorry, had to say it.

I really don't like it,far too much going on i liked the old simple look.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast