Juggling Loops
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Juggling Loops

  1. #1
    Tech Mentor silver fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    231

    Default Juggling Loops

    Hullo

    now i dont know if this has already been discussed or if its something some of you engage in but ill say it anyway

    i know alot of you guys juggle cue points for 1 off sounds (ie a kick)

    but have you ever thought of juggling loops. like little parts of a melody so you can essentially rearrange the melody and create new melodies?

    sorry if this is a dumb suggestion


  2. #2
    Tech Guru Lambox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    You mean like chopping up a melody into pieces and then rearranging everything to get something new but not completely different?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

    Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor silver fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    231

    Default

    yea exactly

    but using loops

    so you can change it up spontaneously into virtually anything
    it will be completely new but yet the same

  4. #4
    Dr. Bento BentoSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,356

    Default

    Juggling loops and juggling cues is esentially the same thing, the only time when it would really become any different is if your are juggling really really small stutter loops - worth some experimentation that though.

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor silver fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    231

    Default

    yea i was thinking small loops
    of varied lengths
    like a 1 beat loop, 2 beats, 3, 4 whatever

    so you can just totally mess with the melody

  6. #6
    Tech Guru Lambox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    yea exactly

    but using loops

    so you can change it up spontaneously into virtually anything
    it will be completely new but yet the same
    Yeah I use my Nano Pad almost exclusively to do that. The only thing is that it requires a certain amount of planning imo to do something that sounds good.

    It's fun though.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

    Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

  7. #7
    Dr. Bento BentoSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,356

    Default

    i was thinking smaller then just 1 beat, because its really easy to just hit the cue again after 1 beat has passed. Trying to retrigger the cue in 1/8's 1/16's and 1/32's on the other hand is alot more difficult !

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor silver fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    Yeah I use my Nano Pad almost exclusively to do that. The only thing is that it requires a certain amount of planning imo to do something that sounds good.

    It's fun though.
    yea i imagined it would take a bit of prep
    but with the right melodies/sounds it could produce some really interesting stuff

    i would try but dont really have the gear ....yet

  9. #9
    Dr. Bento BentoSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    yea i imagined it would take a bit of prep
    but with the right melodies/sounds it could produce some really interesting stuff

    i would try but dont really have the gear ....yet
    Sure you do, your typing on something that you can use !!!

  10. #10
    Tech Mentor silver fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    i was thinking smaller then just 1 beat, because its really easy to just hit the cue again after 1 beat has passed. Trying to retrigger the cue in 1/8's 1/16's and 1/32's on the other hand is alot more difficult !
    well essentially you could do any size (im assuming )

    i jus thought i would ask you guys if it was possible/ if you were already doing that cos i had a bit of an epiphany last night.... might have been the smoke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •