Typhoon Fix for those trying to use a mic on a mac.
    Tech Wizard

Default Typhoon Fix for those trying to use a mic on a mac.

I read forums on how many people were turned away from the typhoon because of how the mic input doesn't work with a mac. Well, i found the fix. At least I haven't read anyone else figuring this out. if you have a mac, all you have to do is download a software called LineIn from rogue amoeba. www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/ Just download LineIn. Once Downloaded and the typhoon is hooked up, set both Input and Output to Typhoon and click the pass through button and your done. You will now have a fully functional mic with no latency / delay and it sounds great. You can even utilize a mic with a usb end and now use this feature to here sound from the mic out of your laptop speaker. Where as before, the mic was only good for you to record yourself and have to play it back in order to here it. You can now have kerioke parties straight from your laptop to a bigscreen, hook up the headphone out from your laptop to a receiver, look up songs on you tube with the scrolling words and your going to have a good time.

I am not affiliated with any of the sites mentioned above. I just happen to love my typhoon and being on a tight budget, I knew it was a minor flaw that could be fixed.

Even if you dont have the typhoon, download it just to be able to do everything else I mentioned. Awesome free download. Let me know how it works for. Not familiar with PC's but may work with it to.

Nice workaround, I'm sure someone will find this useful via google someday ^_^
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Wizard

I hope so. I even tried emailing Vestax to make them aware. Would have maybe liked some stickers in return. I know they lost some money because of it.

Default Genius Work

All I have to say DJMikeE your a genius. I spent month trying to figure out this problem. I google the issue and your solution pop up. With this information you fixed my typhoon mic to work with my mac perfectly. Not sure how you figured this out but a job well done. This information should be posted somewhere because im sure i'm not the only one with this problem. Many many thanks man.. Now I can dj all night and chat up a storm on my mike!

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    Nice workaround, I'm sure someone will find this useful via google someday ^_^

I suuure did!!