An idea for help for those of us that are hopeless :P

Lightbulb An idea for help for those of us that are hopeless :P

Hey all, I was thinking that some sort of DJ "University" (for lack of a better term) could be done around here...not any sort of advanced teaching, just the basics but maybe focused more toward traktor (as that seems to be what most around here use) but rather than have the focus be all mixing "tricks" maybe more of a heavier focus on proper deck a/b mixing (like how to eq properly, placing mixes, dropping tracks in quickly) this also would be very self serving for me as I live in the middle of nowhere (western OK - trust me, it is devoid of dance music) so I don't have any DJ buddies to guide my progression...just an idea, maybe get some of the heads that are "skilled" like Tekki, Jester, PhotoJojo and anyone else that could maybe help develop curriculum...just an idea
    Mike
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Tech Mentor

I like the idea, but would like to understand what "prior art" exists. Surely some of this stuff is on Youtube already, no?
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    I like the idea, but would like to understand what "prior art" exists. Surely some of this stuff is on Youtube already, no?
    there are a lot of good tutorials and live mixes that are great to watch and take notes from. The rest is hours of practice and perfection plus finding your own style and equipment that suit or enhance your ability to perform. A dedicated section would be nice but its mostly practice, practice, practice

Banned

Exactly, not much to it really besides practicing and listening. No 'university' or tutorial will help speed that up.

Stop trying to "fast" track everything and just take the time and effort to learn it.

<-- "Skilled"

edit Also .. "Pantsless"
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Banned

<----- More skilled

= p