Loops on tsi 1.6 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by evan_c View Post
    sweet thanks that is what i was looking for.

Is there anyway to have the set the loops length in traktor and have it to conform to your VCI loop function??
    I don't understand the question.
    (still improving my english)
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox

Ill rephrase that.

when using traktor you have the loop option of setting the length to 1/32, 1/16, 1/4, 1/2, 1, etc. Is there a way I can click the loop length on traktor so it will work when i use the loop function on the VCI? Hope thats better.
    Last edited by evan_c; 02-26-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Tech Guru

An easy way to set any custom loop length from the VCI-100 is to program buttons to set a loop in and out point, for the focused deck. If you don't know what this means, the manual is a good place to start. I like this method, because it frees you up to loop whatever tiny bit, long bit, fits the moment. Two buttons for all loops. Hell, it can be done on one button with a modifier!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Great idea. I'm not sure what the rest of ur answer means but is there a way to set let's say the loop button to loop in and out??

Quote Originally Posted by evan_c View Post
    Great idea. I'm not sure what the rest of ur answer means but is there a way to set let's say the loop button to loop in and out??
    Basicly you need map the one button to do these things:

First press:
    1st mapping: Set Loop in (while modifier x value is y)
    2nd mapping: Set modifier x value to z

Second press of the same button:
    1st mapping: Set Loop out (while modifier x value is z)
    2nd mapping: Set modifier x value to y

Now the button does two things depending of the one modifier value. I didn't check anything from tpro for that explanation so it's just the principle how it should work. If the mapping can't be done in tpro, NI really has a lot of work ahead. But I trust Zac Kyoti when he says the modifiers are capable of this.
    Last edited by Aanrii; 02-27-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: rephrase

ok, ill try it out thanks!

Sorry to dig this one back up but i am confused and don't understand why this can't be done.

If you were pressing a loop selection button on the screen with a mouse it would activate the loop length that is highlighted. So why is it different when you do it on your controller. ie ... you use loop lengthen / shorten to highlight the required loop length then use the loop on off button, but this makes it jump to 4 beat loop?

Hope this makes sense.

Gav

Yeah.. it goes

If i select the loop length before i want to engage a loop then i press engage loop on teh controller i jumps to a 4 beat loop
    ALL I DO IS PARTY HA HA HA

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    If you were pressing a loop selection button on the screen with a mouse it would activate the loop length that is highlighted. So why is it different when you do it on your controller. ie ... you use loop lengthen / shorten to highlight the required loop length then use the loop on off button, but this makes it jump to 4 beat loop?
    Hope this makes sense.
    If you are using Ean's tsi, the reason is that there are commands attached to the loop on/off buttons that reset the loop length to 4 bars. If you want to change this, you can do it, but remember if you do that, each new loop you set will be the last length you selected. If you want to set a custom length each time, use the loop in/out method.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123