Mixing mp3 with vinyl

Default Mixing mp3 with vinyl

Hi there. I'm new to this site and this is my first post. I'm new to digital mixing also having only used vinyl. I recently got a behringer ddm4000 thinking I could hook it up to my 1210s to mix my records on two of the channels with mp3s through Traktor on the other two channels. I've been trying for days to get it set up and I now feel like banging my head against a wall. Is what I'm trying to do possible or am I going to have to buy more equipment? I hope not...
    Any help will be very greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    Last edited by BigBallsBoydie; 09-03-2011 at 06:08 PM.

there's no usb port on that is there? if so then you need a soundcard with 2 stereo outs which you'd then just connect to the mixer. don't think it sends over midi the all the mixer controls so u couldnt use it to control traktor in internal mixing mode.

so if you don't have a multi-out soundcard yet then i guess that's what you need. if you do have one then it should be simple to hook up? set traktor to external mixing mode.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Thanks for your reply. There is no usb on the mixer. I've connected it to my laptop using a usb to midi lead. It allows me to do some basic functions like cue up a track through traktor but when I play it the sound comes from my laptop speakers and not through my amp. When you say I'll need a soundcard with stereo outs do you mean something like Traktor audio 10 or a Allen & Heath xone 2d? I hope not as these cost more than I paid for my mixer...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallsBoydie View Post
    Thanks for your reply. There is no usb on the mixer. I've connected it to my laptop using a usb to midi lead. It allows me to do some basic functions like cue up a track through traktor but when I play it the sound comes from my laptop speakers and not through my amp. When you say I'll need a soundcard with stereo outs do you mean something like Traktor audio 10 or a Allen & Heath xone 2d? I hope not as these cost more than I paid for my mixer...
    you should be able to connect your laptop sound output into the mixer - if traktor is internally mixing the tracks together

i presume what you really need tho is something like the audio2 from NI: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...aktor-audio-2/ which would let u feed each deck individually from your laptop to your mixer and then mix on the mixer.

i just read somewhere that your mixer doesn't send out midi for the levels of each track? if thats wrong - and it does - then you could use 2 channels on the mixer to control internal-mixing mode in traktor - and then feed the audio output from your laptop back into the mixer (assuming u have a 5th free channel etc) which would then combine the 3 audio sources, 2decks+traktor/laptop

the audio2 isnt that expensive i dont think. there are also cheaper options like the numark djio which would let u mix both tracks properly on your mixer.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"