S4 Vs DDJ-T1

Thread: S4 Vs DDJ-T1

Tech Convert

Default S4 Vs DDJ-T1

Hi there I am considering buying one of these controllers soon, however I have a few questions!

From what I have seen the S4 seems to have more technical issues than the DDJ-T1, is this correct?
    Or are these issues on the S4 only related to users of Windows computers?

Which one would you buy?

S4 any day. The T1 is a super expensive piece of plastic in my eyes. I mean it's a damn good controller but I find it hard to justify that price.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

s4 hands down. down buy into the pioneer hype. you could do a much better performance with the s4 with is smaller and easier to carry then the t1
    | 13" Macbook Pro | Novation Twitch | Kontrol X1 | Bose QuietComfort 15 Headphones | Traktor Pro 2 | Serato Itch |

Yea pioneer has really lost it's touch with controllers, would highly recommend the s4

Tech Convert

What about those two controllers, or midi controllers in general compared to CDJ's? Which one do you think is better and why?
    Last edited by TheBull; 09-04-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Again it really comes down to personal preference.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

unless your using DVS(digital vinyl system) and are able to utilize all the awesome effects and loop layering of software I think cdj's in comparison are fairly limited. Although If you plan on playing out most clubs have cdj's as standard. Personally I'm all for midi controllers myself, move with the times hey

between those 2 controllers the s4 is definately better imo. But I have not played on the ddjt1 so maybe biased. saying that it has come down in price £712 I last saw. very competitive now with the S4. But the S4 got scratch upgrade and full Tpro2 software! So already saving £ on upgrading.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    S4 any day. The T1 is a super expensive piece of plastic in my eyes. I mean it's a damn good controller but I find it hard to justify that price.
    Completely agree. The T1 I've used felt great and was a highly capable controller but the price was just too much to justify. The S4 has a much higher feature set for the price range and i personally prefer the layout.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleG View Post
    s4 hands down. down buy into the pioneer hype. you could do a much better performance with the s4 with is smaller and easier to carry then the t1
    Very subjective. In my experience its the skills of the DJ that make the performance no the gear they use! If you don't have the skills it won't matter what you are playing on.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox