Why use software to produce? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    ... But seriosly, Ableton has poor workflow ? ermm.....
    I didn't read the same thing... Who talked about poor workflow for Ableton ?

Quote Originally Posted by olafmol
    ...and now ableton Live (...) i use plugins, digital modulars and synths (especially love my Nord micromodular) but also analogue (just playing the roland juno 6 gives you instant mr.fingers house basslines ...
    And you can always talk about ableton workflow... It's perfect for looping and creation but for in line edition and envelopes mods, I always found it more difficult to work on than classics inline daws.
    Every soft has its own skills, but none is perfect for all purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler
    he was trying to encourage more discussion about anlalogue gear,
    Then yes, it could be interesting to go this way...
    DJ rig : MacBookPro 13"/2.26 (10.6.4) + Echo Audiofire 2 + VCI-100 SE (3.5.1 tsi) + Traktor Pro (1.2.6)
    If you want to know more about my music : www.myspace.com/ooneymusic

you might wanna press tab and try out ableton's edit window for a couple hours

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    Yeah, I can't bring myself to use the main window, I'm ALWAYS in the edit tab. It makes more sense to my brain.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    Are you talking about the arrange view ?
    Even my best mate - wich is a live addict since version 2, admit that rearrange a track is far more easier in acid, reaper or even the other classics in line seq.

Anyway, it's a beautifull soft that stimulate creativity and enhance loops productivity and I'll certainly take the next version asap because of the new functions : Group tracks is just the things I waited for since V5, improvements of Operator are hudge and the vocoder just rock.

But to stick back to the original subject of the thread, there's no need to opposit analog and digital. They both have pros and cons, but I always need the two of them to make and finish my songs.
    What's your A/D ideal balance ?
    DJ rig : MacBookPro 13"/2.26 (10.6.4) + Echo Audiofire 2 + VCI-100 SE (3.5.1 tsi) + Traktor Pro (1.2.6)
    If you want to know more about my music : www.myspace.com/ooneymusic

Quote Originally Posted by slyooney View Post
    What's your A/D ideal balance ?
    A little analogue in my life, but a little bit of digital is quite nice.
    a little bit of ableton is what i need, but i definately have hardware greed.

as I stated in a previous thread, I've created my software patches to model after hardware synths I own. So I tend to produce entirely in software, and convert lead lines, etc. to hardware for live performance.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

A/D balance .... Lately I just sample the hell out of what ever strange piece of kit I get my hands on and make a sampler or drum racks patch out of em and give em back or sell em .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234