Controllerism Wikipedia - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I already mentioned the idea of an IRC channel, I think an IRC Channel would also be useful for this Idea.
    I'm idling from now on in the quakenet (de.quakenet.org) in channel #controllerism. As I got to go to school, it would be cool if you could join that channel too and create the channel if you agree with the idea.
    Drehregling from Freiburg, Germany
    Setup: Dell Vostro 1000, Maya44 USB, Numark Total Control, Traktor DJ Studio 3.3.2.06, Evolution MK-449C Keyboard, Technics SL-1200MK2, Stanton SCS.3d DaScratch

Join #controllerism and #djtechtools @ QuakeNet!

Tech Mentor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...es/2007/August

Somebody already raised this back in August 2007, but i don't think there was any follow up on "reliable sources".

I think if you're going to talk about controllerism you definitely need to go back to some of the originators from the early 90's. I studied Sound Engineering and there were guys around then who were creating unusual controllers. I distinctly remember two - one a long flexible beam by some guy in New York (which is on youtube making terrrible music), and some other sensor movement thing.

People like Evolution Control Committee, Hexstatic, Phil 'n' Dog, The Kleptones, Ritchie Hawtin, That hinke fellow, Coldcut and Chris Cunningham (whose Star Wars live techno track is a classic) definitely deserve some credit. Some of them have been doing this since the mid 90's.

There also seems to be a distinct difference between two schools of thought - Ableton users and Traktor users. Moldover seems to come more from a "live remashing" route (with Ableton) and Ean, you strike me as being almost like Midi Turntablism with bells on (through Traktor). Both equally valid of course!

Then if we're talking about live Re-mashing then you need to mention that this sprung from the Mash-up movement of the late 90's / early 00's, and also in parallel with the VJing movement.

Arguably Warper and Bootie have been instrumental in getting this out to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Tekki, I guess the three of us should just set a time down to meet again. I'm 12 hours off from you guys, though, so it might be more complicated, but we can figure something out, I'm sure
    Cool, but I have to agree with Fatlimey...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    You know, the good thing about a Wiki page, is that it's editable. Just throw something down and everyone else can come in and hack it about. No need to plan, just go! Now! Start! We'll catch up.
    But, the thing is, I think we need to start with a small individual MIDI wiki, before we can include in in the tradional WIKIpedia.org.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

run a wiki off of DJTT

My two cents exactly
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12