Help!!!! firmware 1.4 upgrade not working
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help!!!! firmware 1.4 upgrade not working

Hi, I'm in the middle of trying to update my firmware to 1.4, I've loaded the program, I've followed the video everything goes well , I get to the page where you type in 24 for the chrystal speed, that's fine - so I click next, then next again where the interface page to select the firmware is suppose to appear but it doesn't - instead I get a page where the only options are - to go "back" or "Finish" and that's it, no way of selecting the firmware.

HELP!! anyone know whats going on here ???

thanks in advance
    IPM
    Vestax VCI 100 se Arcade | Traktor Scratch Pro | Ableton Live 8 | N I Audio Kontrol 1 | MacBook Pro 15" | & some other bits & bobs
    My VCI 100 Se DIY Arcade Mod - With upgrade walk through photos
    My Blog
    My Site

Does anyone one know what could be happening here ?

best
    Ian
    Vestax VCI 100 se Arcade | Traktor Scratch Pro | Ableton Live 8 | N I Audio Kontrol 1 | MacBook Pro 15" | & some other bits & bobs
    My Blog
    My Site

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I used to remember all this stuff when it popped up a couple of times a week. Now I just remember that it's happened before, but not how to fix it. Have you looked through all the upgrade threads? I know it's a lot, but I'm pretty sure this has come up and was solved.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I used to remember all this stuff when it popped up a couple of times a week. Now I just remember that it's happened before, but not how to fix it. Have you looked through all the upgrade threads? I know it's a lot, but I'm pretty sure this has come up and was solved.
    Hi, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I've been scouring the threads like a maniac, haven't seen anything that covers this yet, I'll keep looking maybe I've missed some threads.

all the best
    IPM
    My Blog
    My Site

Are you turning the VCI on with Traktor NOT running?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Are you turning the VCI on with Traktor NOT running?
    Yes, I'm turning the VCI on. There is no traktor on the laptop I'm using, I've borrowed friends pc/laptop as I'm all mac here.
    My Blog
    My Site

I've read up to page 26 again in the threads ( still looking) and as far as I can see so far there's only one other person that might have a similar problem but not sure if it's the same.
    My Blog
    My Site

Page 6 and 11 are people with the same problem. I'm looking through to see if I see something. What version of Renases are you using? I think there was a new one if you google it.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...9452#post39452

EDIT: Next post on page 7 says says he wasn't on basic in the renases software. Are you?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 6 and 11 are people with the same problem. I'm looking through to see if I see something. What version of Renases are you using? I think there was a new one if you google it.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...9452#post39452

EDIT: Next post on page 7 says says he wasn't on basic in the renases software. Are you?
    Hi,

How bizarre, I've just read 6-11 again and there talking about scratching and jog wheels. here's page 9 http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=18181&page=9

I'm using the latest software 4.7 I think it is, I'm not in front of it at the moment, I downloaded it last night. The one I'm using doesn't say basic as such but it isn't admin and it's not advanced so I rekon it must be basic plus it has all the same windows apart from the last page that doesn't apear for the firmware.

I'm just thinking as I write this tho, I read something earlier and it made me wonder - I'm starting the program up by going into the hard drive and double clicking on the icon of the program - one of three icons there's one for advanced one for admin and the one I'm using. So - I read earlier - someone explaning the routine to someone and this is what's making my think I might be doing it the wrong way - anyway, they said go in through the start section to the program to start it up, would this make a difference ?
    Last edited by IPM; 09-05-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    My Blog
    My Site

Maybe the advanced you're seeing is actually the advanced setup which is actually a separate program. Try it and see.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast