Sofa King (Electro/House/Dub-Step)
    Tech Mentor

Default Sofa King (Electro/House/Dub-Step)

please have a listen to my new mix. heavy, funky, wobbly basslines...

or download it from here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8vtoap
    Last edited by brianpkelly@hotmail.com; 09-04-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix while playing "EA Skate 3". I listened on the Klipschs with the subwoofer turned on. I listened up to the Stanton Warriors track. Here's my feedback.

- I am not wild about this style of music, but you seem to have picked a relatively tasteful subset of it. I also felt that the tracks you chose to mix together sounded relatively good harmonically, except for the section from "get it" to "return of the king", maybe? I thought the "Juke It" track was pretty suddenly tasteless and would have appreciated a "NSFW" warning on the mix due to this track. But I could imagine you playing this music at a party on some friday night somewhere and people bopping around to it. So you have probably been successful even though it's not my thing.

- I think your EQing and levels were fine. I think maybe one or two of the mixes I heard were slightly off phase?

- I appreciated the download link and tracklist on mixcloud, but would have appreciated a tracklist in the djtt post as well.

- Your phrasing was good for my flow in Skate 3.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Mentor

Thanks Awesomer, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and give some feedback! It aint really my cup either to be honest. 85% of my mixes are deep house between 120-125bpm. I just stepped out of my range for a minute and put this together for a mate to promote in his local electro scene. Again, cheers for the time spent listening and expressing your opinion!
    Last edited by brianpkelly@hotmail.com; 09-09-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6