dropped my laptop!

Default dropped my laptop!

aaaarghhhhh! rite here goes, basically ive just been a twat and dropped my laptop! luckily the only damage is the screen! its not broken, however the colours are dim and flickering and the viewable size is smaller than it should be. does anyone know if it is the screen itself or just the inverter... luckily i have found somewhere that sells a brand new screen for my model for £40 with £10 overnight carriage but cant find the inverter anywhere, so also does anyone know if a led screen has an inverter?

any help much appreciated.

edit: i need to work quick on this as i have 3 gigs this week!
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Id open it up and make sure a cable hasnt come loose that is a pretty good start

Theres plenty of tutorial sites on how to open up nearly every single laptop ever made on the net so go googling

yeah gonna do that when i get home ... fingers crossed heres a pic of the screen https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0ByT...hYmI5&hl=en_US

haha never thought about all of your screens being ok so a screenshot wouldnt show as anything not right! anyway bentosan thanks for your input, took it apart and put it back together and all is good! fixed!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    aaaarghhhhh! rite here goes, basically ive just been a twat and dropped my laptop! luckily the only damage is the screen! its not broken, however the colours are dim and flickering and the viewable size is smaller than it should be. does anyone know if it is the screen itself or just the inverter... luckily i have found somewhere that sells a brand new screen for my model for £40 with £10 overnight carriage but cant find the inverter anywhere, so also does anyone know if a led screen has an inverter?

any help much appreciated.

edit: i need to work quick on this as i have 3 gigs this week!
    If you have a fall that can break a screen, I would also suggest you start making methodical backups of at least your music. While many drives have some type of shock protection to lock the arm and platters in case of falls not all of them do. The worse thing you can have done is having to recreate your entire digital music library because of the lack of a good backup.

Quote Originally Posted by ParisCreative View Post
    If you have a fall that can break a screen, I would also suggest you start making methodical backups of at least your music. While many drives have some type of shock protection to lock the arm and platters in case of falls not all of them do. The worse thing you can have done is having to recreate your entire digital music library because of the lack of a good backup.
    i only have very little music stored on my laptop for this exact reason, i learnt about backing up the hard way a few years ago, thought id lost everything, turns out i didnt but it was enough to teach me to back up, i have 3 identical externals