controller set up

Default controller set up

it takes a well prepared 30 mins if im fast to set up and make sure everything is working correctly

do you guys start to despise people who use cds like I do? : )

Walk in 1 min before they go on , open thier cds , yeah im ready to dj lol
    Last edited by Punktronica; 09-05-2011 at 04:22 PM.

How one DJs is completely one's preference. :U
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

"Setup time" wise I may agree it's faster, But I don't miss it, really don't.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Mentor

It takes me 3 minutes tops... controller plugged in, laptop powered up, everything connected, and checked the levels. I would say it usually takes me less than 2 minutes to be ready to play my first track.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Could have gone for a bit more subtlety, but I'm sure this will fire off all the same.

7/10

depends how nervous you are i guess (well in my case)

as long as you have a rough idea what you want to play it really shouldnt take you more then 10mins tops to get sorted

but ive had horrible days where ive drawn a complete blank on what track im gonna play and its taken me well over 20mins (aka "play 3 more tunes mr prior DJ, because im shittin' bricks!")

Once i had to finish a Rock festival as a DJ (hard job ) and because there was a band right before me (drums, microphone, amplifiers etc..), i couldn't prepare anything.
    I unpacked and prepared all the cables, cdjs and laptop (my setup is "big" : 2 cdjs, 1 djm, 1 kontrol x1, mac book pro, laptop stand, usb hub)

2 technicians helped be to move everything on the scene, table included. It took us like 2 or 3 mins to get everything powered on and pluged, so 30 mins is way too long..

The only advice i can give you is start the mac earlier, launch traktor, and have everything unpacked and ready to move.
    One thing i noticed is that you can plug your controller after traktor is lauched (at least on a mac) so what i did is that i loaded a techhouse defaut loop from traktor, and played it while i was finishing my setup.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punktronica View Post
    it takes a well prepared 30 mins if im fast to set up and make sure everything is working correctly

Just think about all the time they took burning those bloody CDs and remember that you didnt need to bother.

I dont care how long shit takes in the club. When im in the club im doing what im getting paid to do.

Fannying around making CDs at home grinds my gears when i could be sat in the garden picking my nose and flicking bogies onto next doors shed which is time much better spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Punktronica View Post

Well.....you and all the other CD DJ's......

I like to be a bit different,...I enjoy the fact that only I can play on my Rig.

It feels SPECIAL.....like it was SPECIALLY made for me....

Hey....IT WAS MADE FOR ME.....BY ME!

So ...satisfaction there....

I have played out for many moons.....and to be perfectly honest....I don;t miss it that much.

For me...its personal recognition....so getting my rig up and running....and enjoying myself on it ...is unfortunately more important to me at the moment!

If I go back to being a bedroom DJ for a bit....no worries!

When I do play out....it feels good to be more involved in my mixes than cheering the crowd on.

It feels cool to know that the next DJ is not a fuck going to be able to play on my setup....

I can play on his...and prolly show him up too!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin