40 min Dubstep mix

Default 40 min Dubstep mix

Hi Dj tecktools community, i have put my first dubstep mix so far on soundcloud and would very much appriciate your opinions / criticism so that i can improve. Thank you and enjoy here is the link : http://soundcloud.com/crowd-control-...-mix-september
    (btw i used my traktor s4 for this mix and one of the effects buttons is giving up so there is a moment when the delay freeze isnt triggered at the right moment)

Tech Convert

The mix is awsum, heavy tracks , not bad m8, need to send me some of those tracks or tell me where r u downloading them , big up

Thanks alot for the positive feed back man, i really appreciate it. Ima send u a pm with the sites etc..

In my soundcloud fav's for sure! where do you score all this music? You DJ at clubs?

Hey thanks alot! I find music as most people do pretty randomly, i started by looking up the 'top 10 filthiest dubstep drops' etc videos on youtube to find my first songs then i also look in albums with artists that i like to find other artists (in the same album for example 'The sound of dubstep' album available on the ministry of sound website) but i also follow ufk dubstep on youtube and use the following site alot to find infamous phat dubstep songs : http://www.livingelectro.com/
    have fun
    (oh and btw i dont dj at clubs yet.. im 17 and my parents dont realy like the idea of accompanying me to clubs to dj etc so ima hafto wait till im 18, plus my main type of music is dutch house (but also electro house and tech house) so if i would dj in clubs i would mostlikly not play any dubstep)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Crowd.Control View Post
    i started by looking up the 'top 10 filthiest dubstep drops' etc videos on youtube to find my first songs then i also look in albums with artists that i like to find other artists (in the same album for example 'The sound of dubstep' album available on the ministry of sound website) but i also follow ufk dubstep on youtube and use the following site alot to find infamous phat dubstep song
    brainwashd

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix while playing EA Skate 3. I listened on the Klipschs with the subwoofer turned on. Here's my feedback.

- I wish your soundcloud link was embedded properly and that you had included a tracklisting in the DJTT post.

- Your mixing was kinda of awkward phrasing wise. It sorta messed with my flow in the King Of The Bowls competition when the track and the beat would change three-quarters of the way through a big progression.

- I really, really dislike the tracks in your mix. But then given the way you described how you found them, I guess I am not surprised that it is the most ultimate popular brostep of the moment. It's safe to say I don't like this kind of music.

- I think your harmonic progression between a number of the tracks was off. When the tracks are all about the harmonic bass tone, this seems to become more important.

- I didn't get much of a progression over the course of the mix. Sorta bangers and then more bangers and then another banger. All sorta skrillexy and bleh. What does a mix like this aim to communicate to its audience?

- I didn't hear any major mistakes with your levels between tracks, but looking at your waveforms it looks like you might have been clipping sometimes? Red lights = bad..

- 40 minutes is kinda a weird length for a mix. why not 30 or 60?

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt