joystick on midifighter?

Default joystick on midifighter?

Can I put a sanwa joystick attached to a midifighter? specifically this one..
    http://www.lizardlick.com/Sanwa-JLF-...ick_p_260.html

if so.. how?

and i think i found my new favorite controller if i can

Tech Guru

I can't say anything about the DIY part but as far as I now it would work just like a XY pad where X controls the first parameter with range 0~127 and Y the second parameter with range 0~127
    The only difference between the joystick and the XY pad is that with joysticks your starting value would be the center of both (63)

Also I don't know if there is any way to make the joystick touch sensitive, but it would be awesome to send a "Z" message when it's touched

I would buy one with a button on top of it, that would solve the problem, and yes you can use it
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

yes... im interested in this concept massivly? im gong to stalk you for a while sir! also... ill be researching too so if i find anything of use ill send it your way ;]
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2 - NI Audio 10
    Dnb - Dubstep -Fidget House

None of you guys play fighting games or do this kind of stuff do you... There is no velocity or sensitivity for real joysticks, there is up-on, right-on, down-on, and left-on. It's like having four buttons or a D-pad (combining two to give you an angle (like up-right)). Unless you want it to trigger effects just like the instant grat be being an instant on and off.

Good choice of a joystick though, my second option if you don't want to use sanwa is IL then Happ.

Edit: You also need a somewhat thick and sturdy surface to mount these things.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    None of you guys play fighting games or do this kind of stuff do you... There is no velocity or sensitivity for real joysticks, there is up-on, right-on, down-on, and left-on. It's like having four buttons or a D-pad (combining two to give you an angle (like up-right)). Unless you want it to trigger effects just like the instant grat be being an instant on and off.

Good choice of a joystick though, my second option if you don't want to use sanwa is IL then Happ.

Edit: You also need a somewhat thick and sturdy surface to mount these things.
    yes i do play fighting games and i thought it would be great to try out this concept i have with this for my midifighter. im going to make a deckalized and the joysticks 4 microswitches will be modifiers to switch between decks.

see i was interested in mapping it to effects some how? im not really sure at all how to do this yet? but it seems an interesting idea... super knobs? super super stick? its 2 pots isnt it?
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2 - NI Audio 10
    Dnb - Dubstep -Fidget House

You could probably take apart an old gamepad and use those joysticks. I think the OP in this thread did such.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Guru

What if you connect them to the analog inputs on the MF board? Would it act as a potentiometer?

using a joystick seems like a very odd idea to me - very restrictive. it only replaces 4 buttons but also limits how many of them u can trigger at any one time - as u cant *press* up and down at the same time.

u could ofc buy a joystick that outputs variable XY values which would then be similar to an XY pad - but still with less control imho. i'd rather have a vestax padone for that purpose - if it wasnt so expensive for what it is
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"