NS7 w/ Traktor?

Thread: NS7 w/ Traktor?

Default NS7 w/ Traktor?

Is it possible like flawlessly?

Any mappings available i know some for ns6 but ns7 havent seen any.

My setup right now is just a big bitch so i wanna make it easier on my self and an ns7 would be perfect maybe a kontrol x1 on the side but havent seen a perfect mapping yet?

have you?

Tech Guru

no perfecting mapping. Doesn't exist. Quartz tried a few years back and no luck.

There some guys that run the timecode thru Itch, there's a vid of someone doing it with a V7 on youtube. But it's just a workaround and not flawless.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

working on it hayden. It will take some time as I'm writing a wrapper-application.
    This should yield great results though. Keep following the thread Mudo mentioned!
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Sounds good guys thanks for the update i would love to see how it turns out!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Afterhour Ali View Post
    working on it hayden. It will take some time as I'm writing a wrapper-application.
    This should yield great results though. Keep following the thread Mudo mentioned!
    Hey Hedgehog! Are you still pursuing this??? If you are, I had a thought, you can thank Mutis Mayfield on Facebook for having implanted it in my head. He mentioned on another Facebook group dedicated to NS7 + Traktor something about an article on DJTT about a hex work around??? From what I can gather, there must be -some- way to achieve perpetual rotation in Traktor, right? Anybody remember the old as hell DM2 Mixman? You weren't naturally supposed to be able to use that clunky little thing with Traktor, but back in 2005, I was, thanks to a nifty program somebody had made called DM2 to Midi. Anyway, the way I had the DM2 set up was that I had the squishy little Play button at the top as my "scratch engage" button (the original map I had gotten hold of had the big silver center button set as the engager, but this made it rather difficult to do full around spin without my scratch hand colliding with the wrist of my other hand). Surely there must be _some_ way to fool Traktor into thinking that there is a "scratch engage" button on the device and that it is _ALWAYS ON_ - if this could be done, then the perpetual rotation of the NS7 platters would "carry" the music, so to speak. IE: If the platter moves, the mp3 in Traktor goes with it.

http://www.pdoom.ch/dm2/
    http://mac.brothersoft.com/mixman-dm2-midi-driver.html
    Last edited by UoPoko; 03-27-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Tech Wizard

I loaded up a .tsi mapping for DJ Tech's CDJ-101, it's a single deck controller that's very bare bones, but it has a touch sensitive platter that serves as the "scratch on / scratch off" button. Touching is on, not touching is off. So yeah, like I said (and I'm probably preaching to the choir, here) there has to be _some_ way of tricking Traktor into thinking the NS7 has a "scratch on / scratch off" button and that it is always on. Maybe through some kind of small bit of extra software that runs in the background like DM2-to-Midi did and 'fakes' a midi message, telling Traktor "the scratch on button is engaged, that's not a motor moving the platter, that's a hand." - Surely this -is- possible, right? - http://s13.postimg.org/fjjs6mu47/DJ_..._Screencap.png

This is the article that Mutis Mayfield linked on the "Custom Traktor Control" fb group.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/03/0...tch-certified/
    Last edited by UoPoko; 03-27-2014 at 09:46 AM.