Broken Progression - 1 Hour of Trance, Progressive and Breaks
    Tech Mentor

Default Broken Progression - 1 Hour of Trance, Progressive and Breaks

Been trying to branch out recently and try some EDM styles which I don't necessarily like playing

During the making of this mix I learnt a few key things which I would like to share.

I fought with the gains at one point as autogain had set a track to +4.6dB whilst the other track was set to -3.something dB. The mix at that point sounded real shit and I figured it was being muddled by the master limiter as it was clipping. I thought maybe the autogain was somehow borked and maybe setting the +4.6dB too high and I tried turning it down but it now sounded too soft. After a bit of research I came across suggestions to turn down the master. This seemed to fix things for me as apparently traktor sums its gains so turning down the master is sufficient to deal with clipping channels.

Mixing breaks with prog/trance seems to work real well. I don't normally listen to either genre as I prefer trance with a more solid bassline. However it has been real fun and I guess the best way I can describe it is "groovy?"

Some of the phrasing and cue points were a challenge to get right. In fact a few times I gave up and tried a different order of tracks. I really enjoyed the challenge of coming into this genre without know much and learning fresh stuff again.

If anyone has any pointers on how I could improve this mix, I am eager to hear them.

Sun-Rise - We'll Never Die (Original Mix)
    John O'Callaghan & Timmy & Tommy - Talk To Me (Orjan Nilsen Trance Mix)
    Rex Mundi - When The Sun Is Rising
    Lange, Fabio XB & Yves De Lacroix - Electrify (Lange Mix)
    David Forbes & Alan Nimmo - Galapagos (Original Mix)
    Beat Service ft. Emma Lock - Not Out (Original Mix)
    SIGNUM - Shamisan (extended mix)
    Rory Gallagher & Mike Lane - Eclipse (Original Mix)
    Plastic Boy - From Here To Nowhere (CJ Peeton Remix)
    Syna vs Ayleon - Change (Original Mix)
    Armin Van Buuren ft. Nadia Ali - Feels So Good (Jerome Isma Ae Remix)
    Last edited by Kaek; 09-08-2011 at 04:17 AM.