Midi Fighter alternative?

Default Midi Fighter alternative?

Is there any unit that is cheaper than the midi fighter but can use the instant gratification mapping to the fullest? Working on a tight budget but I really wanna get down to messing around with effects a lot in my mixes.

I personally see it as stealing when you use this advanced mapping on an other controller.
    I had the choice one day: spend 50E on an launchpad or buy an mf pro +50E tax.
    I chose the second one, for the arcade buttons, maybe, but mainly for the soul and al the hard work(mapping's ect.) the puted in this piece of amazing gear.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I appreciate the response, but I fail to see using a free, widely available mapping on a different product as stealing. Believe me, I -WILL- without a doubt own a MF pro someday. It's such an awesome piece of kit, I just don't have the money for it right now so i'm looking for a cheaper alternative in the meantime.

I'm sorry, i didn't understood it properly, but as alternatif you could buy the KORQ nanopad 2 you can set witch midi notes you want to sent and it has 8 pads

yes and no....

mappings like the deckalized use the midifighter in "normal" mode where each button always sends out the same midi note, so any controller that has a 4x4 set of buttons/pads that u can customise what gets sent out will work fine.

the instant gratification mapping however uses the midifighter in 4banks mode where each of the top row selects the bank and depending on what bank is selected determines what set of notes get sent out by the other 3 rows. so you either need firmware like the mf has or use some software that sits between the controller and traktor to translate the notes.

i'll be releasing some code for my own midimasher app that does that in a few days once i get some feedback on my initial version.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

zestoi isn't right the Korq has 4 banks so it's no proplem, the only "anoying" thing is that you'll have 4 buttons spare on you Nanopad 2
    Last edited by DJDoubleYou; 09-13-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutierut View Post
    zestoi is right with the inst. grat. you can only use deck a
    Quote Originally Posted by rutierut View Post
    zestoi isn't right the Korq has 4 banks so it's no proplem, the only "anoying" thing is that you'll have 4 buttons spare on you Nanopad 2
    both your deleted answer and final one actually agree with me - i was responding to the OP with my comments.

yep - the nanopad can in effect be used as it does have internal banks like i described a device needing.

changing banks on the nanopad isnt ideal tho, i think u can only cycle through them rather than just being able to hit a button and jump to the bank u need right away?

using internal banks you only need 12 pads so the nanopad1 might be the better and even cheaper option. plus people have said that the pads are better than the mk2, even tho the mk2 is much better made overall.

personally i hate using banks/pages unless it only ever takes a single keypress to change between them - but we are discussing the cheapest way of getting that midifighter goodness here i guess and u do at least have the led telling u which bank u are in and all.

so the cheapest controller that gives u 12 pads and 4 banks that can be modded to work in instant grat mode has to be a nanopad mk1.

you'd need to mod it via korgs controller editor if u wanted to switch to normal mode for the deckalised mapping ofc - but thats no biggie and most people wanting to play around with a midifighter seem to want to try the instant grat effects.

fyi the mf also sends out some extra notes when u press a super combo so u wouldnt have that but most/all of the super combos in the instant grat mapping don't seem to actually use those extra notes.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"