adding a controller to my setup

Default adding a controller to my setup

Hi there, i was thinking of adding a controller to my setup, for having always my fx section free to play and for having basic mixer control over deck c (and maybe d, that i use for samples)

I'm actually using a vci 100 arcade, and a launchpad.
    I hate the fact that i have to use layouts of buttons and knob for control my decks and fx.

the launchpad is mapped for controlling deck a and b with cue points loops and 2 midi fighter mapping and eqs kills.
    the other part for play cue sync and 1-4 cue point for deck c and sample play and sample trigger for deck d.

Now sample volume and load options are in the same place as fx in the vci, so, i don't like it too much.

i was thinking of buyng a nanokontrol (yeah a low budget options, i can live with that issue) for having all the 2 main fx section ready to play and control eqs and volumes of the deck c, leaving the sample section in the vci always on (with the help of the launchpad)

i think lp8 can do the work but with some layouts, and i was also looking fot hte nocturn, but i can't really understand if it goes well with traktor 2 or it has midi problem.

i really don't know other controllers, i have a limited knowledge in this, so i'm asking if there is other options.

thank you m8s

edit: icon icontrols? no one have tried it?
    Last edited by CionniAsDj; 09-08-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

reports seem to say that the icontrols is more sturdy and better built than the nanokontrol - but that could be in reference to the mk1 NK. the mk2 has led feedback from what some people say which would be handy.

seems to be a lack of controllers in this area really... the nocturn would be a good fit if u wanted to use multiple layers due to being encoders and not pots - but less actual controls ofc.

the lpd8 maybe doesnt have enough controls but i love mine and fancy a 2nd one too
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Here in italy is really difficult to find a nanokontrol 2
    No used no new, only from foreign country.
    But I found a nanokontrol 1 at 35 €
    I think is a so low price that I have to buy it, other controllers would cost more
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

@CionniAsDj

35 euro is a really good deal and would be hard to beat ..

Word of advise: Check the USB port for damage.

Also Have you looked at Thomann ? ..for buying your gear?

Technically A German Company, but they are really fantastic and cover All over Europe, I always recieved my packages within 3 days and been using them for years and years :eek:

Also they'll accept bank transfers for payment, as well as credit cards of course.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    @CionniAsDj

35 euro is a really good deal and would be hard to beat ..

Word of advise: Check the USB port for damage.

Technically A German Company, but they are really fantastic and cover All over Europe, I always recieved my packages within 3 days and been using them for years and years :eek:

Also they'll accept bank transfers for payment, as well as credit cards of course.
    I'm going to check it out for sure!!
    thank you!

78 euro for the nanokontrol 2 with shipping

mmh, i think i'm going to buy this

Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    +1 for them, i bought a set of drum pads from them before and my brother buys all his studio gear from them
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by CionniAsDj View Post
    Here in italy is really difficult to find a nanokontrol 2
    No used no new, only from foreign country.
    But I found a nanokontrol 1 at 35 €
    I think is a so low price that I have to buy it, other controllers would cost more
    the mk1 isn't too bad, tho i did put some tipex in the grooves on the pots so i can actually see what settings the pots are actually at was going to replace the knobs but didn't bother.

not sure 35eur is a good price for a mk1 these days. 78eur for a mk2 seems a tad expensive, they seem to go for more like 55eur on ebay.co.uk

The price is 58 with 20 of shipping
    On ebay I can't find it in Italy, and the shipping is always about 15 euros for a total cost of 70 euro.
    Mk1s second hand from 35 to 45 euros
    The fact is, for that price I cannot find something else

Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by CionniAsDj View Post

i think lp8 can do the work but with some layouts, and i was also looking fot hte nocturn, but i can't really understand if it goes well with traktor 2 or it has midi problem.
    i know i'm replying to an old post - but this info might (or might not) help people if they search the forum for stuff on the nocturn...

i was half thinking about picking one up to try but found out that it MUST be used with automap. it doesn't have any midi implementation of it's own (unlike the launchpad which can be used with or without automap)

the nocturn communicates via it's own protocol via usb and it's the automap app that translates that to midi.

i don't fancy having to run automap - when i'm already running my own midimasher.

the protocol has been almost decoded but then would still need some app/driver to translate it to midi anyway.