I love microsoft but ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default I love microsoft but ...

seriously I hate you Bill Gates, windows 7 was supposted to be the second coming but it's just pissing me off with it's random bullshit buggy crap and it's still better than vista.

Goddammit I want a mac but it's so frickn expensive.

end drunkn rant.

lol its in beta dude, what do you expect - i reserve all judgements until theres an official release.

beta

adjective

preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product; "a beta version"; "beta software"
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Tech Wizard

yeah man I know, but everyone knows macs are cool.

btw the feature in win 7 where your desktop goes blank and bluetooth says f$%kit i'm outta here is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    yeah man I know, but everyone knows macs are cool.
    Speak for yourself. Macs are not cool. They're overpriced, backwards, niche-market, elitist machines. But hey, if you like having your hands tied, being sucked into their ecosystem, and then stuck trying to get out, go ahead. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    btw the feature in win 7 where your desktop goes blank and bluetooth says f$%kit i'm outta here is just awesome.
    BTW - the final version of Windows 7 that is expected to be released later this year will be leaps and bounds better than the beta version everyone's toying with.

And don't let a beta version of a software make up your mind about a company. As for me, I like Windows 7 very much - although it didn't play nice with TPro - but that's what you get with a beta version. I'm back down to XP on my laptop and Vista on my desktop (I'm of the 90% of Vista users who are actually happy with the OS). Don't let clever iMarketing get you. Go try out a backwards mac for yourself. A lot of people are finding the switch to the iWorld isn't what it's cracked up to be and they're finding macs aren't all that....

my 2 pennies...

I have found Vista performs very well with tweaking - thats what im using at the moment

and yeah.. speak for yourself when you say "everyone knows macs are cool"

Tech Wizard

yes its a beta version and even on a non beta version it takes a long time to microsoft to test it.
    as for mac well its not that hard to make something that works well in terms of operating system as the hardware remain the same so its much easier.
    try installing a apple os system on a non compatible hardware and see how it likes it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jd62 View Post
    as for mac well its not that hard to make something that works well in terms of operating system as the hardware remain the same so its much easier.
    try installing a apple os system on a non compatible hardware and see how it likes it.
    This is one of the core reasons macs tend to be more stable then windows. Also the OSX framework was better thought out from the get go. Yay for no Viruses/Spyware!

ACE how are mac's backwards exactly? Perhaps if your not used to the system it would be weird, I'm really unsure about what you mean. In fact ACE there is only 1 thing I agree with, they are largely a niche thing (the laptops primarily) are aimed at designers and musicians who need a stable (& pretty) piece of hardware. Oh and that they are damn expensive (again primarily with the laptops).

You say your hands are tied but I really dont get what you mean there as you can install Windows (of any kind...) on a Mac.... so huh? Technically they are less tied then with a PC.

On another note the iMac is a fucking amazing piece of hardware. There is nothing else like it. And they are actually decent value for money all things considered.

I am also yet to meet anyone (literally anyone..) who has got or used a mac for an extended period of time (and goten used to them) and disliked them...

I've used PCs fr many years, built many of them by hand, own two atm (used to have more), and they have their uses and advantages. I like windows for some stuff and you cant beat the cost effectiveness of a Windows/Linux/PC machine. But in general they are not as well designed or thought out in terms of interaction processes or construction and hardware of a Mac.

Point of the day, they are different for different needs. Its like comparing a Porsche to a Honda (kindov.. ;] )

/end rant.

Tech Guru

Anyway thats all beside the point, I'm yet to try Windows 7, but I'm very interested, I've herd promising things (its beta, if you form full opinions on any beta software your kinda stupid), hopefully the compatibility issues that plagued vista at kickoff arent there (they put me off Vista due to hardware support issues... then I got a mac, lol).

Vista is fine with 4+Gb of RAM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast