Getting Better?

Thread: Getting Better?

Tech Convert

Default Getting Better?

hahah i made this a while ago and id like to know what yall think. lol i am a beginner so it might sound pretty rough, but lmk what i needa work on! haha thanks

Banned

10mins is hardly enough length to decide if you're getting better or not

Tech Convert

lol well i have the limited version of virtual dj, so my external equipment turns off after 10 minutes...lol

Maybe it's time to get a purchased version, then.

Banned

Exactly, if you're not even going to take this seriously then why should we?

Tech Mentor

What on earth just happened at the end there? Lay off the sync button. I know it's hard but it's quite clear to me that you haven't learned how to beatmatch (the only scientific skill in DJing) properly. I can tell a computer has done the work for you because during your blends your tracks run perfectly alongside eachother with no drift at all, but they're all about 1/32nd of a beat off. That might not sound like much and most bacardi slurpers in a club won't even notice, but as a DJ listening to it I keep getting uncontrollable urges to correct it. It makes me uncomfortable. Train yourself to notice and correct these subtle blemishes in your mix and you'll be nearly there. After that you can start worrying about phrasing and levels.

P.S. If you can't afford to commit to purchasing proper equipment yet, don't worry. You can learn the basic skills on anything. I learned to beatmatch on some whack freeware thing with an animation of 2 turntables and a mixer on it, but it taught me the basic skills and with a bit of practice that's enough to be able to use ANY equipment. You'll find ways to practice anywhere. I've even found myself beatmatching my windscreen wipers with the music in my car before. Seriously.
    Last edited by Max Jones; 09-09-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Tech Convert

lmaoo thanks man, ill keep that in mind and ill work on it haha