different monitors for different mixers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by deathstarchris View Post

The HS50m's are great for mixing down mid to high's, and I love the M-audio BX8A D's for analyzing the lows.
    wow, epic setup man

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    i would recommend studio monitors ONLY to people which are producing their own sound AND have the room to place them properly (and make the room less resonant and stuff).

if you don't have this circumstances you will have more fun with an hifi system IMHO

since the "syrincs m3-220 dt" are not built anymore, i would recommend a http://www.thomann.de/de/ld_systems_dave_8_xs.htm which are kinda copys of them ;o)
    I think I agree with you on principle, and that's a good example…but most of the Hi-Fi systems I've heard that sound anywhere near as good as my KRKs (even when set up wrong in an un-tuned room) cost a lot more than that and are more fragile.

Maybe I've just had back luck with hifi systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    wow, epic setup man
    The funny thing is that the monitors are placed wrong. It's fine for composition and tracking, but I wouldn't want to do mixdowns in there if I had a better option.

The funny thing is that the monitors are placed wrong. It's fine for composition and tracking, but I wouldn't want to do mixdowns in there if I had a better option.
    I have them set up that way, so I can stand up and have the BX8A's directly triangulated to my sweet spot, then I can sit down and have the HS50m's triangulated for my sweet spot. And I would also mention that only an amateur would comment on how something sounds by looking at someones set-up, not listening to someones set up!

Tech Mentor

i'll vouch for the xone42 with the Rokit 6, they sound delightful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12