Which CDJ is best to work with for SSL - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    The 800s are the closest decks on your list to not sucking. The rest of them are not worth buying, and anyone who says differently has never played on real CDJs.
    Politely disagree
    They are indeed CDJs, just perhaps not as evolved as the newer standards that cost 2-4 times as much. I have no need for all those extra features and would never justify buying $1000+ decks for a few features I can do in Traktor.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Politely disagree
    They are indeed CDJs, just perhaps not as evolved as the newer standards that cost 2-4 times as much. I have no need for all those extra features and would never justify buying $1000+ decks for a few features I can do in Traktor.
    If he's going to use a DVS anyway, I agree whole-heartedly. But he didn't list used CDJ-1000s as an option.

CDJ-350, 400, and those numark things don't feel like real decks any more than my CDJ-200s did…and I basically ended up throwing them away.

No current models other than the CDJ-2000 are worth buying, because they all feel like garbage. The 2000s are expensive as he**, especially if you're new or you're approaching DJing as a hobby and don't have a pretty darn good job. But they feel like real tools instead of lousy imitations, which describes basically the rest of the market.

That's why people use controllers. They still–mostly–feel like lousy imitations if what you want are CDJs, but at least they're cost-efficient lousy imitations.

Been a while since I've posted anything in the forums. . .but now I'm in the Serato parts of the forums (My cup of tea!). . .

Pioneer's will always rule the scene, as they are pretty much standard in major venues. By me being a Technic 1200 / vinyl junkie, I always loved the feedback from vinyl. I think the best CDJ IMHO is the Denon DN-S3700. . .I especially liked the Hybrid Mode for DVS set-ups. . .

just tossing my $.02 in.
    It is an unknown fact that Mr. T is the original Black Power Ranger.

the cdj-1000 are ok with dvs, but overall best bang for the buck with features are the cdj-400. CDJ-2000 are a joke, unless you show up to a gig with a thumb drive.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Just got my second CDJ-850. Love them. In SSL they work fantastically, you've got the big pio jogwheel and pitch fader but I got them for £500 a piece rather than the £1500 you pay for a CDJ-2000.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

i agree with full english, unless your getting constant gigs, for the bedroom cdj 2000's are just totally uneccesery

get the 350's, after all, they are the upgrade to the 400, plus they look great and serato supports them in hid now

They have crappy jogs though. For the money you might as well get a controller.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Does anyone know all the models of CDJs that support native mode for Traktor? I know that the 400s do, since that is what I use, someone just said, 350 as well.

I am going to get one more to add to my 4 channel until I have a complete set haha. I am looking at the 800mkII at the moment, but don't want to upgrade from Pro to Scratch. I like the Native Support much better.
    Last edited by Gryz; 09-17-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

350's arent a touch on 400's, a bar i play in sometimes has 400s and they are brilliant little players, 350s just suck imo.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast