Which CDJ is best to work with for SSL - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

You don't have to wire up your soundcard with native support, do you? That'd be a nice change from that hassle. Assuming I'm correct, I dunno.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Yeah, if your CDJs have a built in soundcard no external soundcard needed. That seems cool at first glance but when you have to play outside your loved bedroom, then, CDJs as MIDI controllers are a mess.

If you don't know what are the CDJs at the gig you are going to play, or if you have mapping issues, configuration issues etc, it's a mess. And you can't come in the booth with your own CDJs under each arm. MIDI control is awesome for home, but not for touring/mixing outside home.

DVS, you plug few RCAs and it's over.

I have Native Support on my 400s, but still choose to use the Audio 4 as their soundcard. Nothing wrong with the CDJ ones, but it's just personal preference.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

What's bad with timecode ?
    I have the CDJ1000MK3's, If scratching, you will encounter sticker drift
    (In SSL Relative mode) on a CDJ. I don't think you'll experience any
    sticker drift in HID mode, and you most certainly won't experience it
    with time code vinyl....

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    @Fullenglishpint
    I'm using your bump to ask you a question. When on this thread first page you said

What do you call native support ? USB/HID ?
    If the answer is yes, why is that so much nicer than timecode ? What's bad with timecode ?

Thanks in advance
    Hi, sorry for the delay.

Native support is what they call HID control over USB. This is how it's set up:

Essentially you're using your CDJs as controllers, no need to connect the RCA cables. It's better than TC because you can use all the CDJ features such as looping within serato, master tempo activates keylock, track info is displayed on the CDJ screen and you can browse with the scroll wheel. Also in my experience it's more accurate for cueing, and if you press cue the waveform on the laptop screen actually goes back to the start.

It's great, but as others have said you do want to make sure you know how to deal with TC as well because you can't guarantee up to date CDJs at a venue.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234