Traktor Kontrol S2... with Traktor Pro 2... is th software ready for timecode?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Kontrol S2... with Traktor Pro 2... is th software ready for timecode?

Hi

planning to purchase Traktor Kontrol S2 which also includes Traktor PRO 2 (probably here on DJTT Shop).
    Given that S2 is hardwarewise not compatible with timecode (read that on a few reviews), is the software which comes with it compatible with it?... is it the full version of Traktor PRO 2?
    i mean, I already have an audio8 soundcard, will timecode work with
    the Traktor PRO 2 version which comes with the S2?

thanks

Luca

If you have the Audio 8, I assume you already have Traktor Scratch Pro? The TP2 that comes with the S2 is not Traktor Scratch Pro 2, so it doesn't support timecode

It's pretty expensive to upgrade from that, but if you have an existing copy of TSP1 you can upgrade to v2 for a lot less.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

I do have traktor scratch pro.
    But if I do not remember wrongly, with the pro issue there was no difference anymore between the two versions of the software. Simply, with the "traktor scratch" package you get also the soundcard, the timecode vinyls and cds and the dedicated (multicore?) cables...

if you are right, this means I have to buy the controller with a version of TP2 which is not able to use timecode (then useless for me) and then spend other money for the upgrade from TSP1 to TSP2... i really hope it is not like that.

i still use timecode but sometimes, especially when there are several djs playing, it is just easier to plug one cable to the main mixer instead of connecting the multicore cables and all the rest.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Regular Traktor Pro is indeed the same piece of software, but timecode support is disabled. If you own TP2 and TSP I think you are qualifiable for a free update, at least that way I got timecode combining TSD and TP2 (S4). Shoot sales support an email.
    Last edited by padi_04; 09-10-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Tech Wizard

i hope you are right, i will write to them. there is no way I will buy the controller (which is pretty expensive) and then also upgrade ... that would be too much.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca78nero View Post

if you are right, this means I have to buy the controller with a version of TP2 which is not able to use timecode (then useless for me) and then spend other money for the upgrade from TSP1 to TSP2... i really hope it is not like that.
    This is the way you have to do it. It only costs $79 to upgrade from Traktor Scratch 1 to Scratch 2 though. You should be able to get that plus some from selling the copy to T2 that comes with the S2.

You want the regular upgrade option not the certified upgrade.
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=2235
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

^what he said.

I was kinda in the same boat as you. I love my dvs setup, but i want something a little smaller cuz my place isn't that big, and the whole setup takes up a fair amount of real estate. So i'm gonna get an S2 for home and for quick throw downs with my friends and use the DVS for my club gigs.

I just upgraded to TSP2 and once i get the S2, i'll sell the TP2 license it comes with. Should pay for the upgrade, plus knock a little bit off the overall price of the S2 by maybe $75 or so.