Traktor 2 erasing some beatgrids?!

Default Traktor 2 erasing some beatgrids?!

Hey guys,

Well, I'm actually starting to get pretty annoyed with Traktor 2. Among other things, T2 has been erasing some of my beatgrids. I'll set the grid, lock it and then SOMETIMES when I re-open Traktor, there is no evidence that I ever set the grids in the first place. This seems to be totally random and only happening to grids that I've set recently.

For instance, I have all my August tracks in my August folder. I'll set the grids for all of those tracks. A few days later I'll open Traktor and I'll notice that 90% of those grids aren't saved (even though I'm 100% certain I locked them). This has happened twice now in my August folder. I will now have to set the grids a total of two times for tracks I've already gridded. I see no evidence that this is happening with tracks that have been gridded twice (ie. they will never have to be gridded 3 times).

Note: This seems to be occurring with the most recently downloaded tracks.

What's the deal? Does anyone know?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are those tracks in Traktor's collection?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Are those tracks in Traktor's collection?
    THIS. You need to find the track in Traktor's collection folder.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

ya. they are. i've been using traktor with no problems in this area UNTIL Traktor 2 came along...

are you saying that i should grid the tracks by DIRECTLY loading them from the traktor collection folder? because all my tracks are in different folders that form part of my traktor collection folder and i load them directly from the sub folders.

how can i be sure these tracks are in my traktor collection folder? i can't see why they wouldn't be.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by princesultan View Post
    ya. they are. i've been using traktor with no problems in this area UNTIL Traktor 2 came along...

are you saying that i should grid the tracks by DIRECTLY loading them from the traktor collection folder? because all my tracks are in different folders that form part of my traktor collection folder and i load them directly from the sub folders.

how can i be sure these tracks are in my traktor collection folder? i can't see why they wouldn't be.
    Find a track in the collection folder, and see if the grid is there. You cannot load a track simply from the explorer, as Traktor will not recognize the changes made to it.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Find a track in the collection folder, and see if the grid is there. You cannot load a track simply from the explorer, as Traktor will not recognize the changes made to it.
    i see. well i've always loaded tracks from the explorer and then gridded them. and then they show up as gridded in the track collection. but you're saying that i shouldn't be doing this?

same thing happened to me, i reinstalled traktor and saved my .tsi. so when i installed the new one and loaded it up, all my cues were right, but my beat gird was off beat.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    same thing happened to me, i reinstalled traktor and saved my .tsi. so when i installed the new one and loaded it up, all my cues were right, but my beat gird was off beat.
    i think we're having different issues.

Quote Originally Posted by princesultan View Post
    i see. well i've always loaded tracks from the explorer and then gridded them. and then they show up as gridded in the track collection. but you're saying that i shouldn't be doing this?
    You can do this but don't expect to go back to the explorer to find the song again. If you do, select "show song in collection" and load that one instead of the one in the explorer; that way Traktor knows to load the beatgrid information. (At least that's what I think is going on).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan