Gemini CNTRL-7 as a Cheaper S2 Solution???
    Tech Convert

Default Gemini CNTRL-7 as a Cheaper S2 Solution???

Hey ... check out the Gemini CNTRL-7. This is what I was thinking about getting instead of an S2. If you really compare the two and what each one offers in all around functionality, what do you think? Is it a good buy and could it be mapped to work like Ean Golden's S2 routine?

The S2 is awesome but $600.00 dollars VS $250.00 is a alot of cash. Honest thoughts ... thanks guys!!!

-DP

well how do you expect that thing to control sample decks? and the s2 is also probably much easier to setup and the audio interface is probably the same high quality as all the NI stuff so uhm yea I would go for S2 over that.
    "Be RANDOM to get NOTICED" -ellaskins

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Sure if you don't have the cash get the Gemini, but it's not going to comare to the S3. Not sure about the mapping bit, but probably.

Used VCI's have gotten down close to that price and I would much rather have one of those than that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

yes but i think now that Ean might do a arcade mod on the S2. I mean nobody has ever had any reason to even touch the insides of their S4s, but the S2 seams like something that we can have a little fun with.
    "Be RANDOM to get NOTICED" -ellaskins

having a little fun with an 800 piece of equipment is for the brave and/or the rich!!!

when you start taking it to pieces anyway!:eek:
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2 - NI Audio 10
    Dnb - Dubstep -Fidget House

Tech Convert

Default Take Into Account?

Did anyone really check out the Gemini CNTRL-7 though? It has Touch Sensitive Platters and offers the same amount of buttons as the S2. It even has a loop/sample section PER deck with separate volume control. So for $250.00 I don't see why this controller would not work just as good. Sure it's no NI controller but it seems solid.

Please review???

-David

This is also What I am wondering... there is barely any info or customer reviews on the Gemini!

It looks perfect and has everything... But is Soo Cheap!! I am not sure to just order it or not!