cdj 350 hdi issue with traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default cdj 350 hdi issue with traktor

Hi guys, my setup is mbp 2011 i7 15 inch and 2x cdj 350 and djm 400, I am using HID mode to control traktor pro 2, i worked for 2 months with that setup but with different traktor software, I mean one month ago I installed newest traktor pro 2 which I got when I bought s4. So from moment when I installed new traktor I started to see some problems which were minor, buy yesterday I had gig and when I loaded one song that was not analyzed traktor just stopped and turned of and it showed me some message to retry/cancle and one more option which I can't remember, so I had to open audio midi setup and restart cdjs and than configure everything in traktor and that took me about 2 minutes which is very bad thing. Worst of all it happend again after hour, I was shocked what happend to me. I talked to one guy who told me that source of problem might be that my wireless was turned on and that traktor have some issues with that, or that problem can be i7 processor is this true??? I had always wireless turned off last 2 gigs it was turned on and first gig was ok, but las was :S....Please help me guys, thanks in advance!

I don't own a pair of CDj-350s but I'm planning to buy a pair and if I recall, during my research on those CDJs there was a recent firmware update that was related to the USB connection causing the CDJs to freeze or restart in Traktor and this firmware update fixed it. So maybe you could check if there's new firmware for it? I don't know if that helped but it's worth a try i guess. I'm going to slow route and just got a DJM-350 first. Can't wait to use those CDJs!
    Pioneer CDJ-350 (x2)
    Pioneer DJM-350
    KRK Rokit5 G2

Tech Wizard

Thanks on answer, i will update but i read that update brings some improvements about jog wheel and some connection with the pc but there is no mac mentioned, do you guys have any other solutions or what could cause this problem???

Tech Wizard

Today I was analyzing tracks in traktor, my hardware wasn't turned on there weren't any songs in decks it just closoed traktor and showed me this message that is in screenshot... So do you guys know what could be problem it seems that that error is happening when songs are being analyzed, I have good macbook pro 15' i7 2.0 ghz I don't know what could be possible problem???

honestly this happens a lot to me too. I close everything up. I have a macbook pro with all the bells and whistles and this happens. I think traktor 2 is still a little buggy.

Tech Wizard

I think it is 2.0.3. problem because before that version everything was fine, but from moment I installed latest version it started to bug, and I also read on NI forums that people are complaining that their traktor freezes since they updated to 2.0.3. Is there way tu downgrade to 2.0.2 or is it possible to uninstall this traktor and than install from my original cd that I got with s4?

Tech Wizard

and while I was writing this it happend two time in row again while I was analyzing certain folder and third time i was watching if there is some track that when traktor analyzes it creates that error but third time it didn't crash. I think this crashing problem is serious error because I have gigs infront of 4000 people and this shouldn't happen anytime...

Quote Originally Posted by gaki View Post
    I think it is 2.0.3. problem because before that version everything was fine, but from moment I installed latest version it started to bug, and I also read on NI forums that people are complaining that their traktor freezes since they updated to 2.0.3. Is there way tu downgrade to 2.0.2 or is it possible to uninstall this traktor and than install from my original cd that I got with s4?
    Hey.

After seeing what you wrote, I installed 1.2.7 version just to test it and worked well. It's an older version so I will try tonight with 2.0.1 version.

I will get back to you tomorrow with some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by epocs View Post
    Hey.

After seeing what you wrote, I installed 1.2.7 version just to test it and worked well. It's an older version so I will try tonight with 2.0.1 version.

I will get back to you tomorrow with some answers.

Hey.

Works great. No problems.