newb needing apc40 mapping help in Traktor

Default newb needing apc40 mapping help in Traktor

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting, first time poster here and hoping to find some help learning how to make a custom mapping for the apc40 in Traktor 2.5.

First things first, I try and map the cue level button (Ch01.CC.047) to the cue monitor level and it appears that even though it is a rotary knob, it basically turns it on or off. Was hoping it would send values (0-127 or whatever the max would be). Any reason why it is not? I have that set as:

IN - Monitor Volume Adjust
    Type of Controller: Fader/Knob
    Interaction Mode: Direct
    Assignment: Global
    No Soft Takeover or Invert

Then I am trying to map the Track Selection 1 button (Ch01.CC.023) to a modifier (so if this is selected, then I am in Hotcue Mode and then the buttons above will act as hot cue buttons 1-8. I have it set as:

IN - Modifier #1
    Type of Controller: Button
    Interaction Mode: Direct (tried Hold too)
    Set to Value: 1

OUT - Send Monitor State
    Modifier Conditions: M1 - Value - 1
    Type of Controller: LED
    Interaction mode: Output
    Controller Range: 0-1
    Midi Range: 0-127
    No Invert or Blend

The light seems to light up when you click it, and if I click off of it (say Track Selection 2) it turns off. Regardless of the value I use in the OUT.

I know I am new and I am probably missing something easy, but if anyone could offer me some help I would greatly appreciate it! Even tuts or vids on learning how to map the apc40 to Traktor would be great (yes i did google it, didn't find a lot of help).

Thanks,
    JJ

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this in the wrong area of the forum? Sorry, newb poster here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by jord1242 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to be posting, first time poster here and hoping to find some help learning how to make a custom mapping for the apc40 in Traktor 2.5.

First things first, I try and map the cue level button (Ch01.CC.047) to the cue monitor level and it appears that even though it is a rotary knob, it basically turns it on or off. Was hoping it would send values (0-127 or whatever the max would be). Any reason why it is not? I have that set as:

IN - Monitor Volume Adjust
    Type of Controller: Fader/Knob
    Interaction Mode: Direct
    No Soft Takeover or Invert

Then I am trying to map the Track Selection 1 button (Ch01.CC.023) to a modifier (so if this is selected, then I am in Hotcue Mode and then the buttons above will act as hot cue buttons 1-8. I have it set as:

IN - Modifier #1
    Type of Controller: Button
    Interaction Mode: Direct (tried Hold too)
    Set to Value: 1

OUT - Send Monitor State
    Modifier Conditions: M1 - Value - 1
    Type of Controller: LED
    Interaction mode: Output
    Controller Range: 0-1
    Midi Range: 0-127
    No Invert or Blend

The light seems to light up when you click it, and if I click off of it (say Track Selection 2) it turns off. Regardless of the value I use in the OUT.

I know I am new and I am probably missing something easy, but if anyone could offer me some help I would greatly appreciate it! Even tuts or vids on learning how to map the apc40 to Traktor would be great (yes i did google it, didn't find a lot of help).

Thanks,
    JJ

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey there,

1. Did you add output for monitor cue adjust as well?

2. Use modifier output instead of monitor state. For hold modifier use controller range min=0 ; max=1