Speculation: X2 will be announced October alongside TP 2.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Speculation: X2 will be announced October alongside TP 2.1

So since NI has announced the 2.1 beta it sounds like there is a lot of extra control being added to the sample decks. Without some crazy modifier settings I think the X1 doesn't meet the needs to control all those parameters. So who thinks we'll see an X2 with expanded controls for better flow with 2.1?

I say october because the X1 promotion ends in september

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    So since NI has announced the 2.1 beta it sounds like there is a lot of extra control being added to the sample decks. Without some crazy modifier settings I think the X1 doesn't meet the needs to control all those parameters. So who thinks we'll see an X2 with expanded controls for better flow with 2.1?

I say october because the X1 promotion ends in september
    Seems logical. I don't think it'll be as big of a change as some people are thinking, probably just an updated X1.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

the X2 rumors are the only reason why i haven't bought a maschine or second x1 yet. I hope you're right.

Hopefully a cryptic video is in our future...

The X1 is a perfect compagnion for what it needs to do. However, it's far from ideal for controlling sample decks, where a layout like the Nano Kontrol is much better (but the quality is a lot less).

I hardly think the market is waiting for an upgraded X1, but much more for a X1 sized controller for sample decks, giving 2-4 buttons, 2 knobs and perhaps a slider per sample deck and a global transport section.
    This or a midi mixer, but I hardly think there's a serious market for that, since all the newer mixers support midi already.
    I'm patiently waiting though, cause the NanoKontrol's build quality is reason to switch if there's a serious alternative (Vestax VCM 600 not a serious option).
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

And then there is the Machine. Although it is larger than an X1, if you put two X1s side my side, then you have pretty much the size of a Machine. I am waiting for the release of TP 2.1 to finish my Machine Mapping, which will coincide working with the S4. What is missing and what I basically want to add is two more sets of knob pages for the sample decks.They will entail 2 knobs for volume and filter. Two buttons one for cueing the sample and turning on FX enable and also a modifier button to turn key lock on and off with the same button for the FX enable.

Also I will have the Midi-Fighter IGM and Deckalizer mappings in the Machine for Decks A and B and also some other goodies like a beat gridding mapping for workflow to beat grid tracks on the fly without using a mouse or touch pad. I can't wait for the 2.1 release.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Even though I don't particularly buy many NI products, it's pretty easy to see when they are coming out with an upgraded product.

1) They put out a promotion on whatever product they are trying to clear out.
    2) People who have been on the edge of buying something, buy it.
    3) The promotion ends, and there is a bit of wait.
    4) NI introduces the "new and improved" product. Which generally, really is something they've worked with to improve.
    5) People unload the old gear, some get pissed that they just bought something and something new just came out, and a few who pay attention to this pattern upgrade with the newest/shiniest equipment.

Suffice to say, the cycle is coming full circle and NI is due for it. Just in time for Christmas.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Personally i think the X1 is a great 'lil piece of kit.

So ... If they upgrade/update it ... I will be a definite buyer.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

im waiting to see the X2 and the new Xone stuff before i decide if ill get maschine, 1D, 2D or an S4.

Anyone have any info on the new Xone stuff?
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    And then there is the Machine. Although it is larger than an X1, if you put two X1s side my side, then you have pretty much the size of a Machine. I am waiting for the release of TP 2.1 to finish my Machine Mapping, which will coincide working with the S4. What is missing and what I basically want to add is two more sets of knob pages for the sample decks.They will entail 2 knobs for volume and filter. Two buttons one for cueing the sample and turning on FX enable and also a modifier button to turn key lock on and off with the same button for the FX enable.

Also I will have the Midi-Fighter IGM and Deckalizer mappings in the Machine for Decks A and B and also some other goodies like a beat gridding mapping for workflow to beat grid tracks on the fly without using a mouse or touch pad. I can't wait for the 2.1 release.

scamo
    Any chance your going to release that mapping, sounds perfect for what i was tihnking of doing, or do you have one out already?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    5) People unload the old gear, some get pissed that they just bought something and something new just came out, and a few who pay attention to this pattern upgrade with the newest/shiniest equipment.
    tho with the current offer of the X1 it is bloody tempting. just wish i had some vague clue what a future controller might be in case that is a must have upgrade even tho will probably be a lot more expensive etc.

not that i need any more controllers right now i guess
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast