X1 overlays

Thread: X1 overlays

Default X1 overlays

So I'm curious if anyone knows where I can buy the overlays that ship with the x1. I just want another one with the blank side so i can write in according to my own mapping. Thanks

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...-x1/?page=1422

Sounds a bit promising. Can't tell you for sure since I haven't bought one (yet). Or you could head over to 12" Skinz and get a blank black one: http://www.12inchskinz.com/products/...2d-CUSTOM.html

Also, I heard that the buttons were screen-printed or something of the like, making them very difficult to take off the printing and make your own. Can anyone confirm this?
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hmm, yeah I saw that on the NI site but didn't want to scam them since the one I bought used did come with one hah but maybe i can explain to them. As for the 12inch skins, i no longer have photoshop or illustrator so seems like that's out of the question but thanks for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    Also, I heard that the buttons were screen-printed or something of the like, making them very difficult to take off the printing and make your own. Can anyone confirm this?
    One of the users on DJTT posted pics of his blanked-out X1 here. I think he used rubbing alcohol and q-tips.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastams View Post
    Hmm, yeah I saw that on the NI site but didn't want to scam them since the one I bought used did come with one hah but maybe i can explain to them. As for the 12inch skins, i no longer have photoshop or illustrator so seems like that's out of the question but thanks for the response!
    Just ask NI for a new one. They aren't as tight fisted as people will have you believe. I think they will send one out regardless, probably include a bunch of stickers as well.

Thanks for the advice Karlos, will do!

i dont use mine its just sitting in my box...we could prolly work something out!
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nuke5 View Post
    Oconomowoc
    I have no idea how to pronounce that place (despite the Wiki) and i didnt even believe it existed until i Googled it.

What and amazing name for a city.

Learn something new every day

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I have no idea how to pronounce that place (despite the Wiki) and i didnt even believe it existed until i Googled it.

What and amazing name for a city.

Learn something new every day
    lol i rememeber the first time i heard about this city! i was like wtf that would be a bitch to write everytime haha now i live here

if you just sound it out o-con-no-mo-walk...pretty simple
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2