The Future Sound of Atlanta (Dubstep/Breaks/DnB/House)

Default The Future Sound of Atlanta (Dubstep/Breaks/DnB/House)

Lunice - I See You [Girl Unit Remix]
    Santi Junior - Freeway Trips Down The Nile (Jody Breeze vs MRK1)
    Silkie vs Truth - Feel
    Cyrus & Tunnidge - Lights
    Plastician - Retro
    Commodo & Lurka - Airtight
    Rob Sparx - Broke (Feat. Roqqert)
    Truth - Juno
    Saint Rider - Anything, Everything
    Soundbwoy Addiction - In Stereo (dub)
    Dark Sky - Something To Lose
    Kano - Get Wild (Feat. Aidonia & Wiley) [Redlight Remix]
    Addison Groove - This Is It
    Mz Bratt - Selecta [Redlight Original Mix]
    Dillon Francis - Bossa Rocka
    Tomb Crew - Ode To Tom & Jerry
    DJG - NYC
    Baobinga - State of Ghetto Jackin (Feat. DJ Nasty) [TRG Remix]
    Wiley - It's Wiley [Royal T Remix]
    Trick Or Treat - Bad Bwoy Toon
    Doorly - Your Love (Feat. Ruby Wood)
    Wretch 32 - Don't Go [Sezer Uysal Goes Remix]
    DJ Defkline & Red Polo - Street Sounds
    Zarif - Box of Secrets [Redlight Remix]
    Fresh - Ice Cream
    Gucci Mane & Swizz Beats - Gucci Time (Feat. Tinchy Stryder) [Sinden Remix]
    Fred V - Angry Jazzer
    Nixus - Rapture

(DL link - art, mix, tracklist)

a little different, a little better.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix a few days ago, on the Klipschs with the subwoofer turned on. I was playing skate3 at the time. Here's my feedback.

- In general I don't *prefer* these particular sub-genres of dubstep, but I don't dislike them like I do, say, brostep. There were some tracks (Truth, for example) which I really rather enjoyed. Others, like the two different tracks that both seem to sample the hoover from rave classics (including one by Plasticman OH I'M SORRY, PLASTICIAN HERP DERP DIDNT KNOW THAT PLASTIKMAN EXISTED BUT CALL MYSELF AN ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCER HERP HERP HERP) ... err.. those ones I didn't like so much. But in summary, your tracks were good enough for me to want to download your mix despite this not being exactly my flavor.

- I thought your mixing was pretty solid. I heard a few mixes that were a little "raw" but not really anything that sounded "off". I like a little bit of that rawness in a live mix, and I think most listeners who are not DJs do too. I think there may have been one or two tracks that I felt were harmonically awkward in transition, though I understand that my vagueness here is not very likely to be helpful. Your levels were good throughout. Very professional sounding here, even during transitions. I enjoyed when you went between hip-hop, dubstep and DnB, the tempo changes are pleasantly futuristic in terms of tempo ambivalence.

- I don't really understand why this mix is called "The Future Sound Of Atlanta" ... is it because you are from Atlanta and this is the sound you are representing? If you lived in Carbondale, Colorado, would this mix be called "The Future Sound Of Carbondale"? Because if we go by where the music all comes from, this is more like "The Future Sound Of England" and not "The Future Sound Of Atlanta". I was pretty excited to hear what ATL is up to in terms of underground hip-hop and/or glitch-hop in the 2G11.. what I ended up with was a quality mix of current UK music?

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    I listened to your mix a few days ago, on the Klipschs with the subwoofer turned on. I was playing skate3 at the time. Here's my feedback.

- In general I don't *prefer* these particular sub-genres of dubstep, but I don't dislike them like I do, say, brostep. There were some tracks (Truth, for example) which I really rather enjoyed. Others, like the two different tracks that both seem to sample the hoover from rave classics (including one by Plasticman OH I'M SORRY, PLASTICIAN HERP DERP DIDNT KNOW THAT PLASTIKMAN EXISTED BUT CALL MYSELF AN ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCER HERP HERP HERP) ... err.. those ones I didn't like so much. But in summary, your tracks were good enough for me to want to download your mix despite this not being exactly my flavor.

- I thought your mixing was pretty solid. I heard a few mixes that were a little "raw" but not really anything that sounded "off". I like a little bit of that rawness in a live mix, and I think most listeners who are not DJs do too. I think there may have been one or two tracks that I felt were harmonically awkward in transition, though I understand that my vagueness here is not very likely to be helpful. Your levels were good throughout. Very professional sounding here, even during transitions. I enjoyed when you went between hip-hop, dubstep and DnB, the tempo changes are pleasantly futuristic in terms of tempo ambivalence.

- I don't really understand why this mix is called "The Future Sound Of Atlanta" ... is it because you are from Atlanta and this is the sound you are representing? If you lived in Carbondale, Colorado, would this mix be called "The Future Sound Of Carbondale"? Because if we go by where the music all comes from, this is more like "The Future Sound Of England" and not "The Future Sound Of Atlanta". I was pretty excited to hear what ATL is up to in terms of underground hip-hop and/or glitch-hop in the 2G11.. what I ended up with was a quality mix of current UK music?

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    first off, thank you for the most in depth critique of a mix i've ever received! i love when people tell me things like this, i feel it is the best way to improve as a musician/dj/performer.

the name was all about my vision for the future of bass music in Atlanta. so yes, if i lived in Carbondale, it would be named after that. i know the name is traditionally used in representing forward-thinking/unsigned producers from a certain city (Future Sound of Tokyo/Copenhagen releases, etc), but this was obviously not that. i am however working on a mix like that for my city (and no it will not be called Future Sound of Atlanta 2 lol)

i really appreciate the feedback, all points definitely taken into consideration! thanks for giving it a close listen.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

looks good bruv.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "