New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D - Page 15
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

thanks, man! im new to this.. you know I control my ipod nanostudio app with it. lol!

yheeee rotate!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Convert

I am also having trouble with the new utility. It seems to have disabled banks 3-4 on my Midi Fighter 3D and has made my MF Classic unresponsive in Traktor. HELP please!

Firmware for the MF3D wont download and I cant open menu mode... Any help please?
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Tech Convert

Default utility wont open says" not supported for this type of mac"

i have a macbook 1,1
    its upgraded to 10.6.8 snow leopard, intel core duo 2 ghz and 2 gb ram
    any ideas why its not working?

being able to rotate 90 deg clockwise would be nice for remix deck use
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Ive had a few issues.win7 utility v2.3

1.Utility v2.3 (win7) wont put MF3D into boot mode during firmware flash, or from the menu.It can only be done manually (4 corners held down).I think this is caused by not enough or too much of a delay between the utility rebooting the MF3D and the command to enter boot mode being sent.

2.The utility doesnt play nice with Tracktor, cannot have both running together.If you do it seems to brick the MF3D until you re-flash and import settings again.It will also break any midi in Traktor, requiring to re-import all mappings again (HID was unaffected).Traktor would crash hard forcing to reboot the pc.

3.Importing settings and mappings only worked in a very strict order.First import the MF3D settings using the utility.Then i had to import my main controller using the big IMPORT.Then contrary to the tutorial i had to add the MF3D.This was the only way i could get both to work with all the effects settings.I used Traktor 2.6, a VCI100 FW 1.4 my mapping, MF3D BeauBryte 3D All-in-1 V0.2.0.

4.This is a windows issue really with how it handles midi, but i had to disable "send midi clock" bc it caused an audible buzz when pushing MF3D buttons.Shouldnt be an issue on a Mac, but for me it meant i could no longer sync Traktor and Machine by the clock.

5.Utility v2.3 would not detect the MF3D while Traktor was running, some randomness to this.

Quote Originally Posted by GUVNA View Post
    Ive had a few issues.win7 utility v2.3

1.Utility v2.3 (win7) wont put MF3D into boot mode during firmware flash, or from the menu.It can only be done manually (4 corners held down).I think this is caused by not enough or too much of a delay between the utility rebooting the MF3D and the command to enter boot mode being sent.

2.The utility doesnt play nice with Tracktor, cannot have both running together.If you do it seems to brick the MF3D until you re-flash and import settings again.It will also break any midi in Traktor, requiring to re-import all mappings again (HID was unaffected).Traktor would crash hard forcing to reboot the pc.

3.Importing settings and mappings only worked in a very strict order.First import the MF3D settings using the utility.Then i had to import my main controller using the big IMPORT.Then contrary to the tutorial i had to add the MF3D.This was the only way i could get both to work with all the effects settings.I used Traktor 2.6, a VCI100 FW 1.4 my mapping, MF3D BeauBryte 3D All-in-1 V0.2.0.

4.This is a windows issue really with how it handles midi, but i had to disable "send midi clock" bc it caused an audible buzz when pushing MF3D buttons.Shouldnt be an issue on a Mac, but for me it meant i could no longer sync Traktor and Machine by the clock.

5.Utility v2.3 would not detect the MF3D while Traktor was running, some randomness to this.
    1. delete the mf3d driver in the device manager with the 3d unplugged, reboot the utility and you should be able to flash the firmware fine. (this worked for me)

2. you can't run the utility at the same time as traktor, and vice versa

3. if you use the "big import button" to import a mapping, all the mappings in the controller manager are deleted, except the one you are importing. use the add>import option in the controller manaher to bring in multiple mappings.

4. not sure about this one, i have the midi clock enabled and have not noticed any issues with my 3d and the audio

5. see 2.

i am on win 7 64 ultimate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    being able to rotate 90 deg clockwise would be nice for remix deck use
    i was actually going to ask if this was possible, or a 180 rotation. if it is already please let me know, didn't see anything in regarding this via utility

cheers

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey guys - sorry the rotation did not make it in this time. Ill try and get in in there for the 3D & Spectra in the future