New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D - Page 16
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

hey midifidler, i just flashed my 3d and spectra with the new utility, now for some reason there is no remix deck control in traktor for either, i can swap into hid mode on the spectra but the ghost F1 doesn't show up in the controller manager? both worked perfect with the last firmware.

edit: no hid response at all on the 3d (win 7, x64)
    Last edited by Jester; 02-28-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Midi Fighter Spectra

Utility now displays the unit serial number under device information.
    Improved pulse animation quality for ring lighting and ground lighting.
    "Software Mode" setting renamed to "Momentary CC"
    Side Button CC's moved to CH5 to avoid conflict with Arcade Momentary CC's
    Fixed issue where bank change animation was broken for direct change actions.
    Remix deck firmware now has default side button actions.
    Would someone please care to explain the "Momentary CC" setting?
    Thanks!

is there any way you can make the utlity resizable? i can use the utility fine but it doesn't fit on my screen with my current laptop resolution and it cuts the bottom off with the log, which is fairly high i feel 1366x768. also i just wanted to note that i updated the spectra and got an error, had to unplug then replug mf and update again and it took just fine. i let it finish reinstalling a driver before unplugging, just so if anyone else comes across this issue.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey SecretSeven the window should be resizable in windows as well - it could be that because you cant get your mouse to the bottom corner because of the screen clipping? Let me know and I can look into it.

Jesse - I reproduced the same issue on Windows, I found that when I connected just the 3D under the Audio devices section I would see both the Spectra & 3D even when the spectra was not connected. I simply deleted both these entries, then restarted the 3d, then connected the spectra and everything worked fine again. Let me know if this fixes the problem for you.

@edioli

Momentary CC's is a feature where pressing the arcade button also sends a CC of 127, and releasing will send a CC of 0. By mapping to the CC rather than the note in Ableton you get "Momentary" control of buttons rather than the toggle behavior notes give in Ableton.

ok mate thanks, will try this soon and get back to you

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Jesse - I reproduced the same issue on Windows, I found that when I connected just the 3D under the Audio devices section I would see both the Spectra & 3D even when the spectra was not connected. I simply deleted both these entries, then restarted the 3d, then connected the spectra and everything worked fine again. Let me know if this fixes the problem for you.
    solved! both playing nice together now i did notice the "ghost" spectra in the device manager.

i'm having an issue with the utility update.. every time i go into it now, the buttons are all blacked out and cannot be set to any colors. when i try to make changes to animations/etc and send to midifighter, it immediately stops responding and i have to stop the process in task manager. any idea what's going on? here's a screenshot of what it looks like when i go into the utility:

midifighter_issue.jpg

Tech Student

MFUtility 2.31 (windows 7 x64) fails while attempting to download standard firmware for MF3D (I'm switching back from older remix deck firmware). Tools > Alternate firmware > Standard

Error downloading http://www.djtechtools.com/mf_firmwa...0120130226.hex

Some files get deleted from the DJTT server?
    Last edited by DJ Nyvar; 03-08-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Hey SecretSeven the window should be resizable in windows as well - it could be that because you cant get your mouse to the bottom corner because of the screen clipping? Let me know and I can look into it.
    i'm just not running a high enough resolution on my laptop i guess, i can resize it but its limited on height, probably because the midi fighter image doesn't auto scale while resizing. no worries about that, i'd be more interested in rotation abilities.