Traktor S4 on UStream (or LiveStream). HAS TO BE ANY EASIER WAY!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor S4 on UStream (or LiveStream). HAS TO BE ANY EASIER WAY!!

I'm fucking pulling my hair out, here...there's gotta be a reasonably easy way to make this happen. I've googled every known combination of "traktor s4" +"ustream" +"aggregate device" +"soundflower" +"whateverthehellelseicanthinkof" to no avail.

Is there not a reasonably easy way to get Ustream to read what's coming out of the S4 and into Ustream? I could run an RCA to 3/8" into the mac, but then I wouldn't be able to monitor on my speakers...

I've tried setting up an aggregate device but I'm not sure what needs to go into it.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! Its the 21st century, the century of having your cake and eating it too....this can't be an exception to that! :eek:

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You have to run a line in to the input on your computer. Are you monitoring on the built on speakers?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Get some 1/4 to RCA adapters for your monitors, and then run the RCA output to the input on the Mac. Done!
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    I'm fucking pulling my hair out, here...there's gotta be a reasonably easy way to make this happen. I've googled every known combination of "traktor s4" +"ustream" +"aggregate device" +"soundflower" +"whateverthehellelseicanthinkof" to no avail.

Is there not a reasonably easy way to get Ustream to read what's coming out of the S4 and into Ustream? I could run an RCA to 3/8" into the mac, but then I wouldn't be able to monitor on my speakers...

I've tried setting up an aggregate device but I'm not sure what needs to go into it.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! Its the 21st century, the century of having your cake and eating it too....this can't be an exception to that! :eek:
    dude, buy a chord that has the regular rca males at one end and then has a double connection at the other end, you'll also need a female to female connector. then you'l be able to have both.
    Dj Maximum
    /MBP/Kontrol S4/TP2/

Tech Mentor

i have external speakers that I monitor on

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    i have external speakers that I monitor on
    So connect one set of the outputs to your monitors, and then connect the other to the input on your Macbook. It's not difficult.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Why don't you connect the speakers to the S4?

EDIT: I get it now. you need two of these

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-RY6-Male-Female-Adaptor/dp/B0007LCKJQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1315881895&sr =1-8"]Amazon.com: Pyramid RY6 1 Male to 2 Female RCA Adaptor: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31zQ8AmF43L.@@AMEPARAM@@31zQ8AmF43L[/ame]

And then you go to your speakers and your line in on your mac. You can also get two 1/4" to RCA adapters and use the 1/4" outs.

Or you could get this and just keep your speakers on the RCA's and run the 1/4" to the line in on the computer.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP153-Cable-Inch-Dual/dp/B000068O3C/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1315882047&s r=1-10"]Amazon.com: Hosa CMP153 Y Cable 1/8 Inch TRS to Dual 1/4 Inch TS Cable - 3 Foot: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31UjzXeCoNL.@@AMEPARAM@@31UjzXeCoNL[/ame]
    Last edited by photojojo; 09-12-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Mentor

Not much of an output on my main speakers...It's all optical (it's a surround sound system, technically...but it really works for my bedroom, haha).

I've basically got the S4 going out and into the AUX in on the speakers....so I'm thinking if I have to do it via hardware, i would need to go out of the S4 via RCA, split it to go into the 3/8" of my macbook, and also into the AUX input of my speakers...

just trying to figure out what I need to get a radioshack to make this happen, while simultaneously trying my best not to add to the huge ass bird nest of wires behind my desk...

That Hosa 1/4 to 1/8 would be your best bet.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post

Or you could get this and just keep your speakers on the RCA's and run the 1/4" to the line in on the computer.

Amazon.com: Hosa CMP153 Y Cable 1/8 Inch TRS to Dual 1/4 Inch TS Cable - 3 Foot: Electronics
    shitfire, there are two 1/4" outs beside the RCA main outs on the S4, aren't there?! That should work, then, if I wanted to go directly into the macbook!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast