Diy Controller Help
    Tech Mentor

Default Diy Controller Help

Ok I'm going to be finishing a project and want to add a few things to it
    The inards will be a livid brain

Here is what I want to add

a 1/4 jack for a headphone. Can you add sound cards to DIY midi controlers if so how?

a usb hub for adding a on board 500gb 2.5 hard drive that will be able to slide in and out of the controller much like a DVD drive. It will not be motorized but will have push release.

A thumb joystick for browsing and loading tracks in TP2

Any idea on how to wire these in to a diy controller

Thanks

Tech Wizard

Hi, everything is as possible as your patience and your wallet allow
    you can include a USB soundcard inside and use it not only for the HP but for the main out as well, and since you can choose the quality of it that is another advantage.
    About the removable HDD, i don't know why you plan to remove it, if it is for load/manage the music library, it can be done just trough the USB take in account that any mechanical part is more prone to failure.
    The browser joystick is not a big deal it is just another midi channel that you assign in the controller setup, so it can be a joystick, a button, encoder, pedal or whatever suits you.

Tech Mentor

Thanks I just recieved all the parts and case today and I'm going to start working on it next month in on my vacation and will post a picture heavy build log so look out for that