Sync: is it a bad thing?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Sync: is it a bad thing?

A friend of mine recently told me about how dj's get heckled off stage if they're caught using sync. I had never heard this before and just wanted to hear an opinion from other dj's out there. I've recently been trying to avoid using the sync button while mixing on traktor, but without headphones to line up a track before dropping it, I find it very difficult. With that said, what is your opinion on the use of sync?

sync is the devil! i donīt know why ni ever came up with this function. iīm running 2 decks and 8 samples at one time and i play with all my effects and cue points. itīs so easy to manually beatsync it all while having a nice talk to my buddies...

just joking. do whatever you wanīt if itīs hitting the sync button do it, if itīs beatmatching do it. it all comes down to 3 things:

do you feel comfy?
    does the crowd have a good time?
    does your trackselection rock?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Why aren't you using headphones?

Tech Wizard

learning how to beat match helps you dj in general. what annoys people is that they spend 2 months learning how to beat match and spend a lot of money on equipment , and some guy buys a mixtrak a pair of headphones and calls himself a dj. i get why people would hate on sync.
    I Don't Wan To Go The Ocean ... Thers King Fish Out Derr Man

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    This is a very good question but more importantly don't worry about it. More than anything it sounds like your friend is one of the haters out there as well and is just trying to "scare" you into not using the sync button.

Just do your thing mate and you'll be golden

Everyone knows that true DJs should use traditional belt-driven turntables with normal stylus what we used in the sixties. If not the DJs will be heckled out from the booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Just do your thing mate and you'll be golden
    ...like ean golden

IMO, I seriously doubt that most of your audience is going to even know what sync is, so the only thing you are really being heckled off by are the other djs.

Even if you do use sync, its not a 100% effective way to have two tracks matched perfectly, so definitely use headphones to make sure everything is absolutely lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Everyone knows that true DJs should use traditional belt-driven turntables with normal stylus what we used in the sixties. If not the DJs will be heckled out from the booth.
    behind door number 3..... HATER #1
    "Be RANDOM to get NOTICED" -ellaskins

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    I don't know why I'm not using headphones. It's something I've been meaning to buy for a while, but simply haven't gotten around to it. I've only been djing for like 4 months and the kids that got me into it where pretty amateur and never recommended buying a pair. I guess I just never saw them as essential because of that.
    Last edited by Hypernia; 09-13-2011 at 04:47 PM.

People hate on sync like it makes people superstar djs ..... Why aren't I rich yet then!? Oh that s right it's because I don't know my tracks inside out which makes my mix phrasing a bit shit, and I don,t work on what goes well with what!

There are far more thinks to worry about than beat matching to became a decent DJ!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast