The Bridge - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Bridge

Sure, I'll post up my Trigger Finger maps tonight...

However - I mentioned that in another thread I'd hooked up my Twitch to Ableton using the Novation Live Transport....and the ableton mapping they supplied...then fired up the Bridge/serato, and omg....it's so powerful.

O_O

Tech Student

Thanks JPrime, I'd like to see those maps. It's great to hear somebody mention the Trigger Finger these days. So many people still use and love them.

Yes, I have been thinking about Twitch vs. an APC40 but currently with my limited (putting it modestly) knowledge of Ableton I don't want to invest in a controller yet. My thought process; I sold my SL1 when I got my TTM57. The result, I have no hardware connected to my laptop when I'm sitting at my desk. So I have to unplug my mixer from my dj setup or standing at my decks for production work (#FirstWorldProblems). So I was considering Twitch as a "sit down" solution for learning about Ableton and the Bridge or editing beat grids and warping tracks.

When I'm ready I'll go whole hog, hence avoiding the temptation to buy a launchpad (no offense to users) even with it's relatively low buy in.

That's why I'm most curious as to how you've mapped it for the bridge specifically. If you want to share your Ableton template that would be appreciated. I bought Ableton for the bridge haven't really capitalized on it the way I'd like to yet. If it's poor form to ask for templates let me know, I'm too new to production to know otherwise.

Cheers,

Tech Wizard

Still waiting on any information from Serato about the Bridge for Itch. I generally dislike being kept on the dark regarding information like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Spinatra View Post
    Thanks JPrime, I'd like to see those maps. It's great to hear somebody mention the Trigger Finger these days. So many people still use and love them.

Yes, I have been thinking about Twitch vs. an APC40 but currently with my limited (putting it modestly) knowledge of Ableton I don't want to invest in a controller yet. My thought process; I sold my SL1 when I got my TTM57. The result, I have no hardware connected to my laptop when I'm sitting at my desk. So I have to unplug my mixer from my dj setup or standing at my decks for production work (#FirstWorldProblems). So I was considering Twitch as a "sit down" solution for learning about Ableton and the Bridge or editing beat grids and warping tracks.

When I'm ready I'll go whole hog, hence avoiding the temptation to buy a launchpad (no offense to users) even with it's relatively low buy in.

That's why I'm most curious as to how you've mapped it for the bridge specifically. If you want to share your Ableton template that would be appreciated. I bought Ableton for the bridge haven't really capitalized on it the way I'd like to yet. If it's poor form to ask for templates let me know, I'm too new to production to know otherwise.

Cheers,
    Considering i am new too Ableton (The Bridge)& SSL & APC40(New) purchased last month.... I found a cool template you can DJ with... DJ Template (APC40) Will Marshall

Last edited by DJ TooHypE; 03-18-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    My DJ & Production gear(Pioneer CDJ-400, Numark DXM-06, Rane SL4, Ableton Live 8+4 EIC/The Bridge/Puremagnetik Retro Synths, M4L, Akai APC40(New)& MPD24, Numark NPM5 Active 5" Studio Monitors(New), AA HP 700 & Sennheiser HD 201

Tech Wizard

anyone using an apc40 with the bridge?

Last edited by botstein; 03-26-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: minor correction

Just switching between a couple of clips, bit of fx (Tarakeths Super Luper) and some scratch in serato.

I keep changing my Trigger Finger / serato mapping...honestly if someone wants it still, I'll post it up but you'll really want to get Enigma and start putting together your own

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123