Vinyle turntables with S4
    Tech Wizard

Default Vinyle turntables with S4

Hi !

I'm new to the DJ bedroom world and i would like to know if it is possible to plug in a vinyle turntable to scratch hip hop without going to my computer ( straight to the speakers while playing an instrumental beat from Traktor Software )

Sorry for english , i'd rather speak english than french , more useful :P

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by skz View Post
    Hi !

I'm new to the DJ bedroom world and i would like to know if it is possible to plug in a vinyle turntable to scratch hip hop without going to my computer ( straight to the speakers while playing an instrumental beat from Traktor Software )

Sorry for english , i'd rather speak english than french , more useful :P

Thank you
    Yes, but you need to get the Scratch upgrade for Traktor Pro ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

It depends, you can have use the live inputs to play normal vinyls but as stated above if you wanna use timecode support you'll have to get the scratch upgrade. For the live input(s), you just have to keep the related decks in this form so you don't have to touch in anyway your laptop.

En français dans le texte: tu peux jouer directement avec tes platines tes disques en utilisant le format live input sur les platines virtuelles. Tu as deux live inputs possibles sur le S4. On peut donc imaginer par exemple une configuration 4 decks avec deux decks virtuels, 1 deck sample et 1 platine.
    Par contre si tu parles des supports timecode il te faut obligatoirement l'upgrade scratch pro.
    à+
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Wizard

D'accord ! Merci beaucoup pour les renseignements en français haha