BCR2000 mod
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: BCR2000 mod

  1. #1
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    196

    Default BCR2000 mod

    Hey DJTT! Let me start by introducing myself, I've been browsing the djtt forums for a while, and have been using live for probably 4 months now mostly for production, however DJing has sparked my interest.
    Anyways, the purpose of this thread:
    Would it be possible to mod a crossfader into a BCR2000, and if so, has anybody done this? I've scoured the web for hours and haven't found anything of the sort. Also if it is possibly, do you think I could pull it off without any wiring/modding experience? I currently have a launchpad and an oxygen 25, but I would love to pick up a bcr and mod it. If not, I think I'll just get one regardless, and save for an X-session.
    Anyways guys please help me out, thanks!

  2. #2
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Cmon nobody can help me?

  3. #3
    Tech Guru zestoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK, Ukraine, Romania
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Cmon nobody can help me?
    there's no pots or faders in that from what i can tell - only buttons and encoders - so i don't think u have anything u could solder into.

    if it had even a single pot u would have been able to replace that pot with a fader - assuming u could physically fit a crossfader in and find the solder points.

    but with all endless encoders you're out of luck probably...

    if any of the buttons are velocity sensitive then that might work - but they dont look it from the picture i just found.

    ofc it's always possible there's something extra inside that could be used - if the board is generic for other bcr controllers or something etc - but you'd need to pull it apart to see - and i'd say it's unlikely.

    plus a xsession is so cheap you'd probably not spend all that much less on a decent xfader and fitting it...

    edit: and you'd probably get more help if u had joined in some other discussions and that your first 2 posts werent asking for help. maybe/probably?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

  4. #4
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, USA
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Cmon nobody can help me?
    I think you should participate in some other discussions and develop some street cred before you whine about not getting an answer to your question (which was answered in a different thread yesterday).

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    there's no pots or faders in that from what i can tell - only buttons and encoders - so i don't think u have anything u could solder into.

    if it had even a single pot u would have been able to replace that pot with a fader - assuming u could physically fit a crossfader in and find the solder points.

    but with all endless encoders you're out of luck probably...

    if any of the buttons are velocity sensitive then that might work - but they dont look it from the picture i just found.

    ofc it's always possible there's something extra inside that could be used - if the board is generic for other bcr controllers or something etc - but you'd need to pull it apart to see - and i'd say it's unlikely.

    plus a xsession is so cheap you'd probably not spend all that much less on a decent xfader and fitting it...

    edit: and you'd probably get more help if u had joined in some other discussions and that your first 2 posts werent asking for help. maybe/probably?
    Ok, thanks I guess it sounds a bit far fetched anyways, I may even just forget the two and go towards a zero sl mkii, but I'll decide that later.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    I think you should participate in some other discussions and develop some street cred before you whine about not getting an answer to your question (which was answered in a different thread yesterday).
    As for this, I know I should've done this, I just got a little excited, and I haven't had a lot of time on my hands, but this is definitely a community I would like to get involved with, so sorry I came off as whiny

    Edit: Also, I have been searching for a similar thread, and must've missed it so yeah sorry about that too..

  6. #6
    Tech Guru zestoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK, Ukraine, Romania
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Edit: Also, I have been searching for a similar thread, and must've missed it so yeah sorry about that too..
    quick tip... personally i don't find the builtin search here all that useful so i use google and put site:djtechtools.com along with what i actually want to search for and almost always end up with way better search results
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •