DJ Mixing Techniques
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default DJ Mixing Techniques

So I've been looking around on the web for really good information on all of the different mixing techniques and I can't really find anything good except for a youtube video telling me to go to college to learn about it... Here's the thing... This is a passion of mine and I love doing it but I don't have the money to go to New York and learn so are there any websites, books, youtube videos, anything so that I can teach myself all the modern mixing techniques and scratching techniques and what not?? For example using chained effects, harmonic mixing, how to do remixes on the fly, dropping on the one... basically all the techniques they talk about in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZJhQuF97Lg

Just without the college... Any info will be greatly appreciated

Read all the old archive articles on the blog. There are loads and they're very useful (and free).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Awesome thanks a lot

www.mixingguide.com if you want to learn some basic transitions and some beatmatching skills. Guy loves trance but it can be applied to a range of genres.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Also for scratching on YouTube look up DJ Angelo.
    The old blog articles and videos have a lot of that stuff in there. Ean has one video that gives you 5 ways to transition.
    Google the Camelot system for learning about mixing in key.

Tech Wizard

Wow thanks a lot for the info guys this will keep me busy for a while! Anyone know of any free key detectors??

Rapid evolution or your ears and a keyboard.

Tech Wizard

I tried using my ears and a keyboard... I got the root note fine but I couldn't find the dam scale...

I wish I knew how to do a keyboard to do it, I'd feel so much more legit... You should buy Mixed in Key, it works like a charm for me... There's some irritating stuff you have to do to get it to write the key to the ID3 tag of the mp3, but they have a pretty good guide on the website. For harmonic mixing I definitely recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast