Midifighter or Midifighter pro?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midifighter or Midifighter pro?

Considering getting this 2nd hand midi fighter off someone for 90 dollars (in perfect condition, no silicone case) but I'm not sure if i should hold off and get a MF pro. Are the extra controls on the pro models worth saving an extra 260 dollars...? Two other questions: would I have access to a warranty through DJ TT even though I'm not the original owner? Is there any way to order a silicone case by itself on this site?

I know this is an annoying answer but it depends what you want out of a controller. Also, if you get the Midifighter Classic, like I have, you'll probably one day still want to upgrade to the Midifighter Pro one day, like I do.
    That said, the classic is super fun and a good way to get into it. You can configure buttons, the top panel, and yes, you can buy just the silicone case.
    No matter which one you buy, I'm sure you'll have fun with it.

If you don't want it for $90, I'll take it! And I would still buy a MF Pro when I got the $.

if i wanted to use a MF as my only controller then i'm sure i'd go for a pro as i'd want at least some faders/knobs. if using as part of a bigger setup then i still think the original MF is the best as the best thing about them all has to be the 4x4 grid of arcade buttons...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kryticalh!t View Post
    is there any way to order a silicone case by itself on this site?
    store.

Yeah, I'm currently using an MC6000 so you think that a MF classic would suit my needs well for the time being?

the MC6000 has plenty of knobs and faders already - so from what i can see it's only down to whether you want/need a few extra ones that are in close proximity to the arcade buttons on the midifighter. you'd get an extra 4 knobs (of some kind) and 4 buttons if you went for a pro. if/when i do get one i think i'm going to stick with a classic one...

edit: the faders do send out multiple midi messages on the pro - so u can do some neat tricks with those that you probably can't with your MC6000 (not that i know the ins and outs of the MC6000)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Remember u can always add buttons and knobs/faders to the midifighter classic later on if u want, but if u don't have the know how or just can't be bothered I would go with the pro. I have a custom (like a pro) and I feel that it is much more expressive than the classic, although this is pared up with an x-session and nothing else midi. So it all depends on what u want it for, fx u would want to go the pro. If u want it for cues, samples or clip launching then u could use either.

Tech Mentor

Go with the pro for sure. Not only is it super tough build wise. Function wise you'll get some good bang for your buck.

Each knob and fader send out about 5 midi CC's. For my self this was the only reason I got a pro, besides support for the site. The reason this is so important to me is because I always come up with new transition combos that require a couple effects to kick in at certain times and usually end with an echo out at the end. Now I can design some crazy transition effects with echo outs, turntable stops, etc at the end of dropping the fader to the bottom. Until NI adds a feature like ableton where in the mapping you can tell the command to kick in at a certain cc range. The pro or vci 100se is the only way to do it.

With all that said the pro doesn't "just" have a couple extra faders, they are magical faders that allow me to come up with some unique transitions for my mixing arsenal.

Magical like unicorns

I would love to have any Midifighter
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast