Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jog Wheel Fx

Tech Convert

Default Jog Wheel Fx

i have a question i have a bcd 3000 cuz well i live in Pakistan n being a dj here well let's just say i cant buy the gud stuff i just saw u'r vid in youtube on breaking the silence. I was wondering your gonna have a vid on how to map the fx on da jog wheel????

i don't think the bcd3000 has touch sensitive jogs so won't send out a midi message as soon as you touch them only when u move them.

eans video on the blog explains basically what he did so you should be able to use that info to recreate most of it on your controller...

a jog wheel is only really an encoder and he has multiple effects mapped to the same jog - altering the params in relative mode (which is also what a jog/encoder sends out anyway) so you get some cool/random combinations of effects...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / mixxx / 2x xdj1000 / 2x scs.3d / 4x cdj101 / djm101 / neon
    maschine mk2 / 2x d2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can port the mixtrack map someone posted here but, like zestoi said, you are going to have to hold a button down to activate it.

Tech Convert

I did try 2 map the fx's on da jog wheel and also try to map the scrach on w/ da wheel cuz i tried to copy wat Ean did but still no go

well if u can explain what u have tried and what u can't get working then we can probably be more helpful... probably a good project to learn about mapping in traktor anyway...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / mixxx / 2x xdj1000 / 2x scs.3d / 4x cdj101 / djm101 / neon
    maschine mk2 / 2x d2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

i mapped all 3 of the effects param, n the dry/wet to the wheel, as well as the scratch on map to the wheel. Nada, zilch, and nuthin happening bro hehe. (plz don't mind im a bit of a comic.)

Quote Originally Posted by sal.jaffer View Post
    i mapped all 3 of the effects param, n the dry/wet to the wheel, as well as the scratch on map to the wheel. Nada, zilch, and nuthin happening bro hehe. (plz don't mind im a bit of a comic.)
    u used the midi learn so u know the right midi message was attached to the fx params in traktor?

do u at least see the effects changing parameter in the traktor display even tho u dont hear any change? if not then sounds like u mapped the wrong control in traktor.

also do u have the effect unit u are trying to control in "group" mode?

there's different controls u need to map in traktor for single verses group mode effects units. u could try changing the modes of your effects units to see if thats the issue tho - i.e: see if anything changes then.

if u see the params changing but aren't hearing it then u probably didn't map the mixer params to actually enabled the effects unit for a particular deck.

plenty of things there to check/try anyway

I did something when I had the Xone DX, likewise it doesnt' have a jogwheel but a big encoder.
    One control to activate the 'fx mode'
    Touching the encoder engages the fx(s)
    Pressing the first control to disengage the fx or the mode.
    https://www.mixcloud.com/Yul/let-you...ol-march-2016/

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Convert

Zestoi

The Fx Turns on cuz i mapped it on hold but the params stay in the middle i have 1 button dat turns on all the fx.

Quote Originally Posted by sal.jaffer View Post
    Zestoi

The Fx Turns on cuz i mapped it on hold but the params stay in the middle i have 1 button dat turns on all the fx.
    u probably have the effects units in the wrong mode then - or are using the traktor mapping 'in' for the wrong type of effects unit mode. try to debug the issue with the other info i posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast