Jog Wheel Fx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jog Wheel Fx

Tech Convert

Default Jog Wheel Fx

i have a question i have a bcd 3000 cuz well i live in Pakistan n being a dj here well let's just say i cant buy the gud stuff i just saw u'r vid in youtube on breaking the silence. I was wondering your gonna have a vid on how to map the fx on da jog wheel????

i don't think the bcd3000 has touch sensitive jogs so won't send out a midi message as soon as you touch them only when u move them.

eans video on the blog explains basically what he did so you should be able to use that info to recreate most of it on your controller...

a jog wheel is only really an encoder and he has multiple effects mapped to the same jog - altering the params in relative mode (which is also what a jog/encoder sends out anyway) so you get some cool/random combinations of effects...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can port the mixtrack map someone posted here but, like zestoi said, you are going to have to hold a button down to activate it.

Tech Convert

I did try 2 map the fx's on da jog wheel and also try to map the scrach on w/ da wheel cuz i tried to copy wat Ean did but still no go

well if u can explain what u have tried and what u can't get working then we can probably be more helpful... probably a good project to learn about mapping in traktor anyway...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

i mapped all 3 of the effects param, n the dry/wet to the wheel, as well as the scratch on map to the wheel. Nada, zilch, and nuthin happening bro hehe. (plz don't mind im a bit of a comic.)

Quote Originally Posted by sal.jaffer View Post
    i mapped all 3 of the effects param, n the dry/wet to the wheel, as well as the scratch on map to the wheel. Nada, zilch, and nuthin happening bro hehe. (plz don't mind im a bit of a comic.)
    u used the midi learn so u know the right midi message was attached to the fx params in traktor?

do u at least see the effects changing parameter in the traktor display even tho u dont hear any change? if not then sounds like u mapped the wrong control in traktor.

also do u have the effect unit u are trying to control in "group" mode?

there's different controls u need to map in traktor for single verses group mode effects units. u could try changing the modes of your effects units to see if thats the issue tho - i.e: see if anything changes then.

if u see the params changing but aren't hearing it then u probably didn't map the mixer params to actually enabled the effects unit for a particular deck.

plenty of things there to check/try anyway

I did something when I had the Xone DX, likewise it doesnt' have a jogwheel but a big encoder.
    One control to activate the 'fx mode'
    Touching the encoder engages the fx(s)
    Pressing the first control to disengage the fx or the mode.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Convert

Zestoi

The Fx Turns on cuz i mapped it on hold but the params stay in the middle i have 1 button dat turns on all the fx.

Quote Originally Posted by sal.jaffer View Post
    Zestoi

The Fx Turns on cuz i mapped it on hold but the params stay in the middle i have 1 button dat turns on all the fx.
    u probably have the effects units in the wrong mode then - or are using the traktor mapping 'in' for the wrong type of effects unit mode. try to debug the issue with the other info i posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast