Looking for a CDJ Style Midi Controller
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Looking for a CDJ Style Midi Controller

Hey guys,

I've been thinking recently that it would be right up my alley if I could find a pair of really simple CDJ style midi controllers.

Basically this is all I need, but I'm not going to waste money on this brand.

These denon's look pretty amazing, but the price tag doesn't really make sense to me. I might as well pick up some used 400/800's.

I've also been looking into a DIY option as well. All I want is a jog wheel, a pitch slider, and maybe 4/5 arcade buttons along the bottom for play/cup and cue points. Doesn't really seem all that far fetched, it's really just the jog wheel that intimidates me.

Any input? This would be for a more portable rig, when I don't want to lug my TT's around. The reason for wanting to do this is that I personally can't stand the eq in most stand alone controllers.

have you played around with the s4? i think you should wait for the s2 to be released and grap one. the jogs provide excactly what you need!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I don't like the eq on the s4/s2. I've been spoiled by my ecler.

there's also the eks xp5/10's, tho not sure how good they are. the build quality of my djtech djm101 seems pretty good to me so i presume the cdj style ones are similar.

the denon's do look awesome but at about 170gbp for one??? seem way too expensive to me.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

If the Denon seems expensive, it's probably not going to appeal to you…but I've seen/heard really good things about the EKS Otus line. I'd try one out in a store if I could, but it's not worth buying blind IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    If the Denon seems expensive, it's probably not going to appeal to you…but I've seen/heard really good things about the EKS Otus line. I'd try one out in a store if I could, but it's not worth buying blind IMHO.
    now that does look like a very cool controller - and the build shows where the money has gone into. if i had the money and space i'd def get a pair of those
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    now that does look like a very cool controller - and the build shows where the money has gone into. if i had the money and space i'd def get a pair of those
    Yeah those seem pretty sweet, but I don't know why you'd pick that over cdj 350's or something

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Yeah those seem pretty sweet, but I don't know why you'd pick that over cdj 350's or something
    if only for the "turntable look" to them i guess

and only if i had money to burn... if cdj350's were the same price then i'd probably want those. both would be even better

Tech Wizard

I have a pair of Denon Sc2000s that I got for $340 altogether. They are set up exactly like cdjs and work great. Super compact and portable, I recommend them if you can find some used.

Quote Originally Posted by Synec View Post
    I have a pair of Denon Sc2000s that I got for $340 altogether. They are set up exactly like cdjs and work great. Super compact and portable, I recommend them if you can find some used.
    that's a cool price... i guess even new they could be worth it - just that so far i've only bought cheap controllers so anything over 100quid seems expensive to me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast