can we have a newbies forum now? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    maybe a newbie faq thread for the general discussion. that way you can have an agreement upon signing up that you read the faq before posting threads or else your redundant thread will be locked/deleted.

that would atleast help with some of the ones that get asked all the time. it's not bad if it's a question that doesn't come up much even if it's for beginners. i don't mind answering newb questions now and then, it's not like i'm in a big hurry when i'm browsing djtt lol.
    Like this? http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3545

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Maybe mods can just lock repeating threads with a link to the FAQ (If there question is answered in there)?

Then again... all of their spare time would get chewed up by this task alone

NEWB FORUM?

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post

bwahaha. yes exactly like that.

Some forums that have a new members forum require a certain number of posts in the new memebers forum before they can post in the other forums. I think it is an excellent idea to do it like this, because it helps keep some of the basic and repeated questions in the newbie forum where older members can go be helpful (and they do help the newbies). It also helps to train the newbies on forum etiquett before turning them loose in the other forums. Other advantages are less trouble with bots and spammers, and you will weed out people who aren't willing to put in 20 posts to join the other forums.

So in all I think it could be a good thing if done as stated above.

Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Some forums that have a new members forum require a certain number of posts in the new memebers forum before they can post in the other forums. I think it is an excellent idea to do it like this, because it helps keep some of the basic and repeated questions in the newbie forum where older members can go be helpful (and they do help the newbies). It also helps to train the newbies on forum etiquett before turning them loose in the other forums. Other advantages are less trouble with bots and spammers, and you will weed out people who aren't willing to put in 20 posts to join the other forums.

So in all I think it could be a good thing if done as stated above.
    happy medium, i like it
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345