The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 28
Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by cheef View Post
    Here's my home Ikea Expedit offering that I put together a few days ago. You'll also see how I got over supporting the heavy KRK Rokit 8's - I used the angled Capita legs at the front of both the shelf and monitor stands, but also some straight Capita legs at the rear. Very pleased with how it's turned out.

You have a full product list? Including the laptop holder... Dope build.

Here's my home Ikea Expedit offering that I put together a few days ago. You'll also see how I got over supporting the heavy KRK Rokit 8's - I used the angled Capita legs at the front of both the shelf and monitor stands, but also some straight Capita legs at the rear. Very pleased with how it's turned out.

Cheef, I recently found you on Youtube, I thought your set up was super legit. Its kind of interesting to see you here too. I feel like a stalker.

Quote Originally Posted by GullyB View Post
    You have a full product list? Including the laptop holder... Dope build.
    It's exactly the same as the one on the DJTT Ikea build page (shown in white on the image), aside from the shorter shelf and the addition of the straight Capita legs at the rear of the monitor stands.

The laptop stand I got from Amazon. It's a heavy beast, extremely well built.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    Cheef, I recently found you on Youtube, I thought your set up was super legit. Its kind of interesting to see you here too. I feel like a stalker.
    Been posting stuff on there since the turn of the year. Yea the gear is great fun....

Tech Mentor

Finaly bought some wood. 100€ for almost real wood for the whole desk.
    Superb deal.
    Last edited by tekki; 11-05-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Tech Student

Thanks for providing brilliant ideas. Here's my contribution to the cause. Used
    - 2 x IkeaExpedit: one as base and vinyl holder, the other as top bench. Other ad-hoc cuts to reinforce the LACK TV, hide the cable mess behind and create a bit rough but solid CDJ holders.
    - 1 x Ikea LACK TV Table.
    - 4 x Ikea Capita legs.

One comment: it's just slightly high for me (6.1 feet tall). If I had to redo everything from scratch, I'd remove the bottom part of the Lack table to have it overall 5 cm shorter. But the monitors height is perfect!
    Last edited by tekki; 11-06-2012 at 04:03 AM.

It's exactly the same as the one on the DJTT Ikea build page (shown in white on the image), aside from the shorter shelf and the addition of the straight Capita legs at the rear of the monitor stands.

The laptop stand I got from Amazon. It's a heavy beast, extremely well built.

sweet cool to see that one actually worked out like that

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by funkytude View Post
    Thanks for providing brilliant ideas. Here's my contribution to the cause. Used
    - 2 x IkeaExpedit: one as base and vinyl holder, the other as top bench. Other ad-hoc cuts to reinforce the LACK TV, hide the cable mess behind and create a bit rough but solid CDJ holders.
    - 1 x Ikea LACK TV Table.
    - 4 x Ikea Capita legs.

One comment: it's just slightly high for me (6.1 feet tall). If I had to redo everything from scratch, I'd remove the bottom part of the Lack table to have it overall 5 cm shorter. But the monitors height is perfect!
    thats exactly how I need mine can you link that extra piece on top of the expedit? thanks
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Wizard

Just put mine together last weekend. Used an existing desk it had and made my own top out of a 60"x17" piece of plywood, some scrap pieces from an old Harbor Freight car port and a piece of sheet metal from a Craftsman tool box. Combined that with some misc hardware and a couple strips of Velcro to secure my sound card and USB hub. Oh and a piece of vinyl for a mat on my laptop stand. All in all it was no more than an hour labor and $0 invested in materials as it was all stuff I had laying around.

Last edited by tekki; 01-22-2013 at 05:13 AM. Reason: inserted image
    Lenovo T400, Ableton Live 8, Axiom 25, APC40, Auido 2, KRK Rokit 6, Pioneer HJD1500 and a wish list spanning coast to coast.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/12...ent-workspace/ I saw this pop up on Lifehacker today and thought it was a pretty cool Ikea Desk hack
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro